• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir Ceases Sales of Fractional Jet Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on Brother. As for me, I'd find another line of work before I'd bend and scrape like Rigger.

Don't pull a Rigger.

Never in my life have I bent over and never will.....has worked very well for me thus far! but guys please in the real world, the world where you go to an office every day, and the world that you must perform and standout above the crowd,,,,the world most pilots have no clue what it is like. You are judged by an evil manager and must do well or you are either fired, moved or demoted.....we pilots have been insulated from this and frankly it has hurt an industry...sure some kis assers get through....but they are spotted eventually but for the most part the creme really does float up from the bottom and the rest flounder......this is the reason Unions do well.... it takes regular nothing special guys and gals and says they are equel with the standout guys just because they have been there longer......Ahhhhh sorry all it means is that they have been thier longer...... not that they are anything special....for any company to really excel you gotta create the guys that actually excel.....Unions cannot and do not create this......they are a stae of being like everyone else no one is special.....this has and always will fail!!!!

Kiss ass never...but do better and more than most of my company peers your damn right......and frankly this is why I am always picked to do more and be more responsible....but at the end of the day because of the IVE BEEN HERE LONGER CROWD...im still furloughed and the deadbeat slacker is sitting ready to upgrade......weird business... not like the real world!!!!!!

How exactly do you think your “performance” would be evaluated? Wow Rigger makes nice landings so he must not be furloughed. Is that your contention? In reality what your advocating is a system where a$$-kissing rules the day. I can almost hear your ideal manager, “Rigger, drop to both and gobble to the hairline.” And you would undoubtedly reply, “Oh yes sir master.”

I expect the “attitude” you have will indeed garner you a flying gig. I expect to see you licking your masters boot ramp-side soon.

Meanwhile union pilots (95% of all of us) will, with honor and integrity, continue the work of advancing and protecting the piloting profession.

Ive met very very few Union folk with Honor or integrity......most are self serving gimmee gimeee crowd......and when the Union they work for is falling apart they always....not sometimes always yell the loadest and say!!!!! well show em we will shut em down....then you see them driving a cab but they showed them.......Yes I will get and have already gotten a gig but its cause I can do All sorts of things I can do safety, I can Audit, I can Actually manage, I know P&L statements, I can Run 135 or 121 or part 91, I can negotiate contracts and can instruct and teach and etc etc......I have made myself valuable as more than a pilot and more inmportantly more than a damn union pilot....If had a dime for every pilot that said "If I only knew something other than how to be a pilot....Id be rich! Well people are in the position they are in cause they continue to do the things that keep them their.....stop being a union pilot and be an everything pilot.....come on into the real world.....you may like it.....or not cause its hard!!!!!

Rigger maybe you can explain the consistently high rating that NetJets owners give to their pilots. Considering they have no honor and integrity and all that.

Someone's just ticked they are getting furloughed and are blaming everything he can find.. Union, company, the system....

Fact is, seniority based jobs are the way it is...... With so many pilots how do you suopose one would "stand out from the crowd?" Are your landings judged, or the cleanliness of your a/c?? Tell us how, with NOT having a central work location, how is mister manager of flight ops supposed to know who is doing a good job...? (customer surveys/reports are not a great measure because not all customers take the time to fill comment cards out even if they were extremely happy with their flight.)

Fact is, you may be doing a fine job..But your nothing special compared to countless others.. There are many that are doing a fine job, have great landings (or whateever criteria you want to use as a barometer)... It's an impossibility to judge. UNLESS of course you are the one constantly asking how high to jump..And then you'd be an a$$ kisser, even though you say your not.

If ya never worked at an airline lemme clue you in...it's how it works... I've been furloughed twice in the last 11 years..Never have I blamed the UNion's, or the system... Management is in charge of rounding up business, on some level they have failed, whether it is from a severe economic downturn or not.. I don't blame NJA management for the furlough... They lost tons of customers due to the recession.

Rigger's definition of a good worker would be someone who never has the balls to say "No".

Yeah Rigger, just for argument I'll say that you can do all those things. But can you spell, write in complete sentences? Do you know the difference between to, too and two? You come across as an uneducated person.

All sorts of things I can do safety, I can Audit, I can Actually manage, I know P&L statements, I can Run 135 or 121 or part 91, I can negotiate contracts and can instruct and teach and
kiss ass and turn a blind eye to outrageous treatment of my fellow pilots and think only of myself and credulously ignore the abuse that is handed down to my fellow pilots and foolishly believe that I can stand on my own two feet as an at-will employee and suck more a$$ and stroke my bosses ego and...

kiss ass and turn a blind eye to outrageous treatment of my fellow pilots and think only of myself and credulously ignore the abuse that is handed down to my fellow pilots and foolishly believe that I can stand on my own two feet as an at-will employee and suck more a$$ and stroke my bosses ego and...

Do you really believe this stuff that you post? If so, you may want to talk to a professional.

Yea that's right, I'm pro union so I must have mental health problems.

Que predictable retort...

Not talking about being pro union, just your vivid descriptions and opinions of people who don't share your enthusiasm quite as much.

Your three comments..."I can almost hear your ideal manager, “Rigger, drop to both and gobble to the hairline.” And you would undoubtedly reply, “Oh yes sir master.”..." suck more a$$"... "Meanwhile union pilots (95% of all of us) will, with honor and integrity, continue the work of advancing and protecting the piloting profession."…would seem better suited coming from a gang member or sophomore in high school than a “professional pilot”. Also where did you get your 95% figure and who asked you to take the lead in "advancing and protecting the piloting profession?"

Is this really how very pro union guys talk and think daily? If I was fence sitter regarding unions, this garbage would make me move far away as I wouldn’t want to be around questionable characters that conduct themselves this way. In other words, "you're stepping on your own p^ecker" & "p*ssing down your leg" with they way you expressing yourself in attacking others and "advancing and protecting the piloting profession".

Latest resources

Back