• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation X Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 300 LRC and HSC are both .80 so no compromising speed for stretching the range. From what I remember hearing it has a flat floor and loves the short runways-no engine TBO either.

GM is replacing their Citaion X's with Gulfstream G350's because their Cessnas are unreliable.

US Bank grounded their Citation X's over what the pilots felt to be safety issues and are now supported by TAG.

GV

What were the issues with X?

The only ones that I have heard were of the early ones with the seals?

Got outta Bern. Who would have figured IFR issues in August. Live and learn :)

"The "X" is the fastest bizjet between 2 service centers.........."

We have over 1500 hrs on our mid 150 serial number "X" and have had absolutly no major problems with the plane. Like any new a/c, the early ones had some issues. And even if a X did have to stop for maintenance at a Cessna Service Center........it still would beat the Hawker!!!

SCT said:
"The "X" is the fastest bizjet between 2 service centers.........."

We have over 1500 hrs on our mid 150 serial number "X" and have had absolutly no major problems with the plane. Like any new a/c, the early ones had some issues. And even if a X did have to stop for maintenance at a Cessna Service Center........it still would beat the Hawker!!!

Except in fuel burn, DOCs, crosswinds, and aquisition cost.

Diesel said:
LRC is about .80 to .82

Problem with a falcon 50 is LRC is like .74 or .75.
Yeah, but we can do 3000 miles at .80, don't have to do LRC...

Kingairrick said:
Yeah, but we can do 3000 miles at .80, don't have to do LRC...

Bombardier NBAA IFR nubers says the CL300 can do 3100NM at .80 w/8 passengers and 2 crew.

Also Cessna NBAA IFR nubers says the Ce750 can do 2950NM at .82 w/8 passengers.

CL300 cost about the same than the C.X and DOCs are lower, rommier cabin, an better field performance, maintenaince oriented design (all LRU can be repalced in 20 minutes, single slot flaps ...) as I see is a no brain decision.

Of course the C.X is a mature airframe, the CL300 could have undetected "surpises", this is the only C.X. advantage (and the speed).

I'll consider for a 3000 nm service a plane with at least 3600 nm range at full load and in hot day: Bombardier CL604 or Dassault Falcon 2000EX EASY, but if you have field length or budget restictions the Da-50EX can do the job.

Last edited:
"Except in fuel burn, DOCs, crosswinds, and aquisition cost."
Is the crosswind issues with the X due to the upwind wing-tip clearance from the ground?

Latest resources

Back