Citation Shares, what would you change?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Netjetwife,

Please don't take this wrong because I mean it without flame and disrespect. In my opinion there are plenty of NetJet posts on this site...to many actually. This is a thread on CS and CS only. PLEASE read my first post and comply.

I know your intent and appreciate it, but please let this post remain about CS only. If a CS pilot has an opinion about something that applys to NetJets then so be it.

The last thing I want to see in this thread is for it to turn into the mess the 'CS Pay' thread turned into after it went to several pages of worthless (my opinion only) NetJets union rants both pro and con.

Thank you for your consideration here.

Sorry, I didn't go back to the first post and had forgotten your request. :0 I read most of the threads because events in the industry can affect us all. The misinformation about 1108 caught my eye and I thought it was important to set the record straight for you and all of the other pilots that gather employment information from this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if that (setting the record straight) is not one of the main reasons that threads often evolve into Union discussions. Hopefully, I won't feel compelled again to post in this thread, but I'd like you to consider that expecting NJA folks to remain mum while others negatively, and often erroneously, comment on a Union they don't even belong to, is a tall order...:( that doesn't quite seem fair. NJW

I have used the Air Tran jumpseat a couple times and had very little problems. You can call their reservations number the day before and ask them about seat availability for a jumpseater (we can not ride in anyone's cockpit jumpseat) then just go to the airport and ask a ticket agent or gate agent if they have room and could list you on the jumpseat.

For some reason when I call on the phone they don't show us on their jumpseat list, but this has never been a problem with the agents at the actual airport!

So you just basically show them your CS ID when you are checking in and are good to go?

That is great.

Sorry for all the questions but I only have a military aviation background. Can you use this privelage for going anywhere or is it only to or from work? If you have to live within 2 hours of your domicile, I don't see how you would need to use it and that is the premise from which I ask this question.

Last edited:
You can use it for any travel...I use it to travel to see friends!

Wow, that is VERY nice. I am pretty sure it is only for the CS pilot but I have to ask, how about immediate family members?

Also, what would you change about the company if you could change 3 things?

Last edited:
No just you for the free ride. Plus I just buy a ticket. No need to make plans get bumped and then you are stuck. As for change. I would change very limited things. The amount of paper work and calls during the day are a big pain.

For vacation and what not I would definately just buy tickets, jumpseating use to be a lot more reliable when load factors at the airlines where lower. Jumpseating is still great for us single guys that just randomly get bored in our off time though, and have friends scattered around the country!

Sorry, I didn't go back to the first post and had forgotten your request. :0 I read most of the threads because events in the industry can affect us all. The misinformation about 1108 caught my eye and I thought it was important to set the record straight for you and all of the other pilots that gather employment information from this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if that (setting the record straight) is not one of the main reasons that threads often evolve into Union discussions. Hopefully, I won't feel compelled again to post in this thread, but I'd like you to consider that expecting NJA folks to remain mum while others negatively, and often erroneously, comment on a Union they don't even belong to, is a tall order...:( that doesn't quite seem fair. NJW

Not going to get into details because I respect the original poster looking for info. Just to clarify that my statement about it occuring 10 times faster than with a union on property was a direct quote from a 1108 NetJet steward. I'm not mis-informed or mis-understood, simply taking it straight from the horses mouth. I believe you are sadly mistaken if you think that an actual (not pending termination) would have been reversed faster at NetJets. I understand your point of an early intervention using 1108 resources but the individual in question here was ACTUALLY already terminated and it took that long to have his full job back. If I am wrong then the hard working steward at NetJets who deals with these kind of situations every day must have been mis-informed as well. I have been an actual union card carrying member for many years, they are great for many things. Speed is not one of them, especially when you are the guy waiting for the verdict to come in.

Latest resources

Back