• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i respectfully disagree. when some one buys a share of an airplane they end up paying as much as 4-7 million dollars. these people can sometimes be extremly abusive. during interviews people want to see how you will react. are you going to go tell an owner to f**k off because he is an a$$. as for airline interviews the same thing goes what if the guy in the left seat is a total j*rk are you going to clam up and totally destroy crm. as for cs the interview was the most lade back get to know you type that i have ever been at. the people at cs are the nicest most proffesional people i have ever met they just try and weed the people they dont want during the phone interview.

Capt RJ -

As a corporate pilot who went to AA, got furloughed and is now back in corporate, I believe that I'm qualified to say that your comments are full of sh*t.

You touch on the stereotypes of corporate pilots of humping bags and dealing with obnoxious rich passengers, all while flying into unsafe airports with no SOP. These are the normal comments I hear from the naive 121 guys that think they are somehow more professional than the rest. I'm here to say that you should reevaluate your standing on the totem pole.

Have you ever flown your RJ around the world? RVSM'd over the Atlantic or Pacific? Flown a QFE approach in Russia? Circled at night into an Egyptian airport? Or ever make $10K a month??

Don't jump on these CS guys with that attitude. You are merely a commuter pilot, my friend. In fact, I believe that the CS guys would do better as my FO than you because they have a POSITIVE attitude about what they are doing.

Yes, I left corporate because at the time that was the best game in town in terms of compensation. I did not go for the almighty 121 moniker. Frankly, the flying is sterile and boring. Now the compensation is gone for good while the corporate pay is WAY up (maybe not in the fracs - sorry for that). No sour grapes here from my furlough.

The guys that are F-ed right now are the commuter guys like yourself because you are stuck making no $$$ with no movement at the majors. Yes, SW, JB, Fedex and UPS are hiring, but go grab a number and wait like every other commuter dude for your interview in 2006.

In the meanwhile, don't trash my end of aviation. Show some respect to your fellow avaitors.

CORPGUY

WELL DON'T WE FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELF AND OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. YES I HAVE FLOWN CORPORATE AND 135, SO I CAN SAY MY FULL OF SH*T COMMENTS ARE JUST MY OPINION. I DON'T ASK FOR YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO AGREE WITH THEM. OH BY THE WAY MR. FEEL GOOD I HAVE A LITTLE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN YOU MIGHT THINK-MR CORPGUY. I ALSO HAVE MILITARY FLIGHT EXPERIENCE IN THE U.S.M.C., AS WELL AS MY CAREER AS A 121 CAPT. YOU CAN TRY AND DEGRADE REGIONAL PILOTS, BUT YOU LOOK LIKE AN AS* FOR DOING IT. OH AND IF YOU EVER MAKE IT BACK TO AA SAY HELLO TO YOUR CH. PILOT-BOB K. AS A FORMER NAVAL AVIATOR HE WOULD LOVE TO SIT DOWN AND TELL YOU THAT MY EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING IS UNEQUALED, AND MOST CERTAINLY BY YOURS- I'LL GUARANTEE.

How is this related to CS interview? Really, things are getting a bit out of hand. It is tough all over and many, many pilots are out of work - let's try to be a bit more sympathetic...

For those who have been hired by CS recently, which aircraft have you started on - CJ1, Bravo, Excel? How do you like it vs. what you flew previously? Can/will CS consider larger airplanes like the Citation X or the Sovereign (beyond the CJ3)?

Thanks

Anyone know how long the wait might be before a phone interview for someone who does not have an inside contact or if it will come at all?

Heavy Set said:
For those who have been hired by CS recently, which aircraft have you started on - CJ1, Bravo, Excel? How do you like it vs. what you flew previously? Can/will CS consider larger airplanes like the Citation X or the Sovereign (beyond the CJ3)?

Thanks

I don't fly for CS. But its my understanding that since Cessna is a large owner in CS along with TAG, they are inclined not to upset NETJETS founder and CEO, Richard Santulli, by competing directly with NetJets larger Cessna fleets. This is common knowledge among anyone familiar with the relationship between Cessna and NetJets.

I would imagine that cessna would lose more through loss in sales to NetJets than anything it could possibly hope to make if it were to bring anything to CS greater than the CJ3.

If Cessna, through CS, does in fact attempt direct competetion with NetJets by bringing in larger aircraft like X's, you will probably see the same dire results that Raytheon experienced.

Raytheon had a good thing going with Hundreds of million$ in sales from NetJets with thier Hawker Horizons and 800xp's. Then things got sour when they started Travel Air. However the lesson learned is that they probably have seen there last aircraft sale to the worlds 4th largest airline, until they decide if whether they want to be in the business of selling aircraft to NetJets or comptete directly with them as investor, read OWNER of the second largest competitor, flight options. Now Raytheon, the jet manufacture, is the largest owner of a company that must peddle the new and used jets of other manufacturers that not only directly competes with but reduces its own new aircraft sales. Perhaps now a tragic business move.

NetJets is not only the largest purchaser of business jets in the world, but the largest purchaser of jets the world has ever seen...period. That should get the attention of any aircraft manufacturer.

Last edited:
i was hired about a month ago. i am a former regional turbo prop capt. i was hired into the excel. the airplane you get is based on what they need at the time. as far as bigger airplanes i dont know i asked that question in the interview and was told that since they are owned by tag and cessna you can pretty much bet your dollar that 1 it will be a cessna product and 2 it will be what ever airplane cessna wants it to be. as far how long the wait is for the phone interview i really dont know my experience was probably not ordinary as the whole process was done in a matter of days. but i do know that it is not just the people who are recomended although if you are recomended it is a huge huge advantage. my sim partner was not recomended.

"If Cessna, through CS, does in fact attempt direct competetion with NetJets by bringing in larger aircraft like Excels and X's, you would probably see the same result that Raytheon experienced"

uh we already have excels dude

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back