Citation Shares Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GUNRUNNER22

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the traditional interview/gouge sites on the interview process of Citation Shares.

I was wondering if anyone had been through the process and could share some insight.

Many thanks in advance!

Itmeized for your convience:

1. Apply via the company website. Follow instructions for sending your resume.

2. Periodically update and submit the web form.

3. If selected for an interview the following will occur;
a. a phone interview
b. after a successful phone interview you may be invited for
an interview at the company headquarters in HPN. Travel
at your expense.
4. Interview will include typical aviation interview items like;
a. aviation knowledge questions
b. personality exhibiting questions
c. review of your flight time, qualifications and current Med.
d. one on one meetings possible with HR, Chief Pilot, Owner
Service, Program Manager, VP of Operations amoung others
e. tour of facility

Upon the completion of the above you may be extended an employment offer. A few important items that are conditions of employment are:

1. You must reside within 90 minutes of one of our bases

2. You must sign a one year training contract (promissory note)

I hope that this information helps..Im sure that a few items have been left out of this post, but this should get you started.

Jedi

Last edited:
Re: Base requirement / Safety

Jetz said:
Citationshares requires that a Pilot live within 90 minutes driving time to one of the established bases. This is a requirement.

Perhaps it is a requirement if you are hired now. However, I have a friend there, and he tells me that there are several (yes, I know...an ambiguous number....but it makes my point) CS pilots that do NOT live within 90 minutes of one of the established bases.

Just another quirk of the "merit system".

And to mrvmo, the bases are listed on their website: www.citationshares.com/requirement.html

I'm fairly new with CitationShares (CJ1 FO) but perhaps I can clear up some of this confusion regarding the bases (I think 13 of them according to their website).

The few CS crews that live "outside" of the 90 minute rule were hired way back prior to when the Pilot Base policy was established. It is the company's overall practice not to change the terms under which one is hired.

Lear23driver

Interview

So, what is the available info about the interview at Citatioon Shares? Has there been anyone here who has been through the interview?

What kind of questions do they ask, is it hard?

Is that Phil Smith guy a tough interviewer?

Turbine.:confused:

Re: Interview

Turbinehead said:
So, what is the available info about the interview at Citatioon Shares? Has there been anyone here who has been through the interview?

What kind of questions do they ask, is it hard?

Is that Phil Smith guy a tough interviewer?

Turbine.:confused:

What do you care? You don't have a chance in he11. You can't even get the guys' names right, (although no one could actually be that stupid, and it's probably just your lame attempt at slaming the company) and made this comment on another thread:http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=120689#post120689

You've proven yourself time and again to be the biggest loser on this board. Give it up. Go back to hanging around the schoolyard.

Re: Crystal ball

Turbinehead said:
I made that comment about NetJets buying, "gobbling up" as it were, Citation Shares because they have similar philosophies. Read that AIN article on Fractional Friction and you will see.

My fortune telling abilities aren't all that, but my crystal ball tells me that Mr. Buffet and Mr. Oneil will do a deal in the next 2 to 3 years. Hint: Look at the new Orlando FS center...who is taking over that center? Rumor is that CS is gonna use it as their training base.

TBH

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "look at the new Orlando FS center...who is taking over that center?" I know they are certifying a CJ and a Bravo sim at that Orlando FlightSafety, and I think CitationShares plans to use them. Their "training base"? I'm not sure about that. I think they get time where they can get it. The friend that I have that works there has been to FlightSafety centers at Wichita and San Antonio, to name a couple. Rumor has it those sims in Orlando will be up and running this month, and that CitationShares plans to use them. I believe it just gives them another option. However, time will tell.

Also, as others have mentioned, AIN might not be the most accurate source of information. One thing I did gather from reading that article is that it sounds as though, of the four, CitationShares is the place to be. As far as Buffet and O'Neill striking a deal in the next two or three years, I guess I have heard that there has been some talk amongst the pilots to that effect. Personally I doubt it, but then again, stranger things have happened.

D Smith at Citation Shares

This guy is an unbelievable pompus a*s jerk. After talking with him in a "phone interview", I wouldn't work for this jerk or anyone like him. It seems to me he is an arm chair pilot with too much time on his hands. No I wasn't offered an interview, but thats not the first time, although it is a first for speaking out against someone like this. I have no problem not getting a job-I do have a problem with a jerk that tries to intimidate you with his superior "aviation knowlege"- Be careful with this guy in the initial phone interview it starts out informational " So tell me your background" to oh I see you flew an Navajo years ago describe the electrical system- what do you mean you don't know you flew the plane 50hours as SIC 7 years ago. JERK

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back