Citation Crash Today - AIR TREK, INC.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The owners were at the controls????

This was clearly a bad choice by the pilots, however the owners past practices are very typical of shoddy 135 operations. Look at their past it is very shady at best. Know several people who have worked for the both pilots and Med staff. Never heard much good.

The owners are definately responsible for all the pressure they put on the flight crews to get the job done. I am amazed they can still operate or get insurance on the aircraft.

Here is a list of accidents and incidents

Crash in Panama killing 5 on board and one on the ground.

Westwind crash landing in the Bahama's in the middle of the night

Lost an engine climbing out of EINN when a de-ice boot came off and went thru the engine.

Baggage door came of there Citation while over Jersey landed in someones yard.

Had engine failure on 414 instead of landing at the nearest suitable airport the pilot elected to fly over 2 hours on one engine to return to base.

I know of atleast 9 engine failures or shutdowns in which none were reported.

Crash in Butler county Citation 2

While over the Atantic they some how got 150 miles of course and did not report it. But they did get caught exiting the tracks on the otherside.

While on the VOR approach into OCF there 340 flew thru the power lines ripping the top 4-5 inches off the tail and ruptured a tip tank. The aircraft flew back to PGD. The owners got a call 10 minutes later from the airport stating we found part of your aircraft near the power lines it sliced thru.

This just scratches the surface to what has happened to this company and yet they still operate.

Silly

Any current employee care to comment on all of this. Hard to believe they are still in business.

Interviewed there a few months ago. Ran away when they told me it was "no big deal" to operate a pressurized piston twin in the NE all winter long with nothing but pitot heat and defrosters.

You know, because the icing layer isn't that thick and you can usually blast up right through it and slam dunk down through it in the mighty CE-414. Riiiiight.

Gossip among the medical folks is that they are about to have their 135 ticket pulled as well as their insurance....

Air Trek

Is this the Punta Gorda based Med flight company? If so, I sent them my resume' with tons of international med flight experience and 15,000 tt I was an instructor in the Citation. I was told by Wayne Carr he wouldn't hire me because the guys with all of the experience and exairline types always tried to tell him how to operate his aircraft.????? I wonder if maybe he should listen. Good thing he didn't hire me huh? What's with these people. If you go to ther eweb site it's a thrill.

Last edited:
Is this the Punta Gorda based Med flight company? If so, I sent them my resume' with tons of international med flight experience and 15,000 tt I was an instructor in the Citation. I was told by Wayne Carr he wouldn't hire me because the guys with all of the experience and exairline types always tried to tell him how to operate his aircraft.????? I wonder if maybe he should listen. Good thing he didn't hire me huh? What's with these people. If you go to ther eweb site it's a thrill.

Yes this is the PGD operation. They also have a base in Virginia.

They definitely don't want pilots that will say no. And there is a lot of things to say no to in this company.

Whats really amazing is the are a DOD provider which is a government approved transport for air ambulance. It is hard as hell to get a DOD approval. And you would think after all these accidents the government would stop flying there G.I's on these aircraft

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back