• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Crash Today - AIR TREK, INC.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilot I am currently flying with used to work there and has told me many "horror" stories.....I think the problem is (as mentioned earlier) they hire greenies....but everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

The pilot I am currently flying with used to work there and has told me many "horror" stories.....I think the problem is (as mentioned earlier) they hire greenies....but everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

I totally agree with you about the greenies. Part of the problem is some greenies have a hard time saying no especially if they just got the job and they have been working long and hard for it. All it takes if you have a young, intimidated, low time pilot is some ass chewing by the management to help them make up their mind. The reason I say this is because in Feb 2001, a friend of mine was killed because he got talked into flying a trip which he clearly shouldn't have taken. He iced up in a Beech 58. The owner basically told him to take a hike if he didn't accept the trip. So he took it and paid the ultimate price. Yes it was his fault because he went. I think it"s bullsh*t that owners try to pull this crap. Just my opinion.

Seems there are some other "incidents" that arent listed on that site. wink wink

I understand that the experience level is dropping in the industry as a whole, but what about insurance minimums?

I figured that would put an end to the bashing of other people "incidents and accidents" at Air Trek.

Another Air Trek Aircraft

It never seems to end with this company

********************************************************************************
** Report created 7/2/2007 Record 12 **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 247AT Make/Model: C340 Description:
Date: 06/29/2007 Time: 0957

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Minor

DESCRIPTION
WHILE LANDING, RIGHT MAIN GEAR COLLAPSED, PUNTA GORDA, FL.

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: KPOD METAR AUTO 290953Z

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: TAMPA, FL (SO35) Entry date: 07/02/2007

I just heard that there Citation N633AT was started in the hanger and then ran thru the hanger door. Has any one else heard about this or can confirm are deny this rumor??

There are many things that happen in aviation that people dont ever hear about.It takes a bigger person to just let them go,we are all only human.

Latest resources

Back