Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Air Announces Recalls then quitely CUT's PAY!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

Amazing turn of events.......Sounds like they made a big PR release about being the first to bring folks back (maybe they cut deeper then needed so they could recall some and make a PR release) I know conspiracy theory....I did not believe it either until I read the "new" memo regarding "new" pay scales! Release below.....Funny no mention of the pay decrease for pilots! Average decrease decrease from 1700 to 5,000 depending where you are on the scale. Also they have cut the 401K, cut Sick leave, made a large Medical $ increase, and cut overtime pay.......wow! But based on the below the industry is coming back!!!

Greenwich-based CitationAir by Cessna is recalling 16 furloughed pilots. The number represents about 20 percent of the 85 laid off earlier this year.
In addition to the returning pilots, 13 percent of CitationAir's captains who had been downgraded to first officer will be promoted back to pilot in command.
"We are gratified to be able to bring back so many of our pilots at a time when the industry needs to hear some good news," said Steve O'Neill, chief executive officer of CitationAir, which is majority-owned by Cessna Aircraft Co. The company sells fractional jet ownerships and "Jet Cards" that offer flying time on business jets. It also manages business jets owned by others.
"The significant uptick we have seen in our Jet Management business during this challenging year fuels our optimism for a sustained recovery of our Jet Card and Jet Shares businesses in 2010," O'Neill said.

This is our countries new reality...work harder for less. My guess is we will see some other companies follow CA (if they haven't already). Unfortunately employers hold the upper hand since the job market is horrible.

Isn't hope and change wonderful...

You can't expect it to happen overnight. And since when did the GOP give a ******************** about people who work for a paycheck?

Again, your limited cranial capacity has reared it's ugly head and made the conclusion that there are two, and only two, "sides" in our political system. Your incorrect assumption that if someone isn't for the Democrats then they must be for the Republicans. Both parties have failed us, our Constitution, and their duty to defend and uphold the same. True Constitution conservatives left the GOP long ago and we are watching the coming train wreck from the sides ready to perform our duty when this Ponzi funded system collapses.

Keep your head buried in MSNBC if you choose. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

Again, your limited cranial capacity has reared it's ugly head and made the conclusion that there are two, and only two, "sides" in our political system. Your incorrect assumption that if someone isn't for the Democrats then they must be for the Republicans. Both parties have failed us, our Constitution, and their duty to defend and uphold the same. True Constitution conservatives left the GOP long ago and we are watching the coming train wreck from the sides ready to perform our duty when this Ponzi funded system collapses.

That's exactly right. Corruption rules both parties. You are correct, sir.

What he said.

Both of them.

I love it, instead of NJA hijacking all the threads now its politics! At least this one didn't have to go to multiple pages for the original thought to be destroyed.

Back on topic, it was a reduction in future pay, not current pay. NO-ONE will take a pay cut, they will just get a smaller raise at their next date of hire anniversary.

Sick leave was non-exixtant, so how can it be cut now?

Not sure where the large medical increase is, my premiums went up 3 dollars, actually they went down now that we can split medical from dental and vision.

OT pays wasn't touched. It is still 1.5 times the daily rate. Since the future payscales have changed, OT has as well.

CAN U SAY UNIONIZE!!!! That would keep that from happening!!! Bet the top exec's don't get their pay cut!!

Again, your limited cranial capacity has reared it's ugly head ... Your incorrect assumption that if someone isn't for the Democrats then they must be for the Republicans... Keep your head buried in MSNBC if you choose.

And your limited cranial capacity assumes that anyone who doesn't worship Bill O'Reilly must be a loyal MSNBC viewer. There aren't just two sides to the "news," either.

Latest resources

Back