Cirrus crash in Charlotte

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Matt,

See?! And you thought it was easy to leave things alone...! After your "counselling" I decided how right you were and to let sleeping dogs lie, but now YOU get sucked into the G-Spot/KoolAid Twilight Zone!!! LOL! It's quicksand, man! You can't escape it, just lie back and allow it to carry you away---G-Spot is like a twisted Calgon commercial---Take me away!!!

Seriously. Doesn't this make you wonder about the Mysteries of the Universe, how Men and Women can be so amazingly varied in our views and outlooks and practices, how the Diversity makes this all an even more Colorful and Woven Tapestry...

Nah, me neither. G-Sport is an idiot, the rest of us are alright and Life goes on. Happy 2007, y'all.

Holding Back

I'v been outta the mud with G-Spot for so long that I hesitate to take the plunge again, but I'm so glad that somebody else noticed just how callous, unprofessional and downright LOW that post was a few days back! No sympathy for a fellow pilot who died doing something we all do; no empathy for the family of a man who will never again walk through the door; no curiousity about what went wrong so others could avoid the same mistake, if indeed he made one. Just an EAGERNESS to look for SATSAir to have an incident so he could strut around and say "I told you so!" And the funny thing is---if he wouldn't have had his arse handed to him before he even took his checkride he'd have been on their dime and flying their planes---and do you think then he'd have been in such a hurry to mouth such crap about the plane? Maybe...maybe not. Having met the...gentleman (yuk) I'm not sure that he isn't so stupid as to bite the hand that feeds him! Actually, if I recollect rightly---that's a lot of the reason he got handed his walking papers!

Back to the subject---G-Spot you stinking piece of dung---if you can't say something decent in honor of a dead fellow aviator, keep your trap shut. There's enough mess in the world today---we don't need you making any more for us to step in! RIP to a fellow aviator who flies in a different place now.

This is a guy that ranted and raved on this thread and another thread about how GREAT it is at SATSAir @ GMU,then it turns out he is LEAVING the company to pursue what he calls an "opportunity in rotary wing/air ambulance".Now ,I could buy this if it was not for the fact that this guy was the cyberspace PR mouthpiece for SATSAir for several months.Why does he not tell on this thread what the REAL REASON was for leaving SATSAir??What is Mr.FlyingSkip holding back in facts/info on the company that might benefit some fellow aviators on this thread that are seeking aviation employment????
Does FlyingSkip have the GUTS to list those reasons here???? Maybe yes,maybe NO!!!

Dude,How about making 2007 a kool-aid free year!!!!

Last edited:
Ya know---man, I just can't go there! I can't, I won't, I...won't....allow....myself....to....go...over....to....the....Dark....Side!

I'm making more money helping to save people's lives and flying Phling Wings that are my true love. Period. SATSAir is a great organization, with good people and I am still on their roster as an on-demand contract pilot during my time off. Period.

That's not what this thread is supposed to be about, I'm not going there anymore. You don't like them, they don't like you, it's done. This guy (crash pilot) obviously got disoriented from the evidence in the NTSB report and, unfortunately, couldn't pull himself together again in time to prevent the accident. It doesn't sound like a mechanical failure of the aircraft, and it doesn't sound like a situation that should have been anything but routine to someone who was familiar with the aircraft and its' systems. BUT...I WASN'T THERE, I'M NOT JUDGING THIS GUY AND I HATE IT FOR HIS FAMILY THAT HE'LL NEVER WALK THROUGH THE DOOR AGAIN! I don't have any dog in the figt one way or another as to who or what was to blame, etc etc etc.---I just feel bad that somebody doing what I do was killed and his surviving relatives are surely hurting and grieving. That's where you were wrong, John---for showing everyone that you were more interested in your pound of flesh from Tim, Steve et al and hoping to find a way to pin something on SATS than you were with trying to help figure out what happened to make us all better aviators, and/or feeling a bit of empathy for a guy who no longer lives to walk, talk and fly among us. Be a person before you're a bitter former employee, please.

As far as Kool-Aid---I hate to betray my stupidity, but for as much as I've given you grief about the stuff, I'm not even sure I know what it means?! Is it something about blindly following orders (a la Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple suicides) or is it something about childish pleasures? Honestly, I don't know---I'm either too young, too bright-eyed and non-cynical, or just too darn stupid to understand it! And don't even get me going about bleach!!! WTF?!!!!

Not going into any more mud, G. Good luck to ya, and try to smile in 2007.

Make it a KOOL-AID year,bottoms UP!! Add more BLEACH for Flavoring

Man you have issues. It's people like you that make companies conduct psych testing. You really are one unbalanced little fella with you're "SATSair is the devil, drink your kool-aid" posts.

Cant you accept that some (many) people enjoy working at SATS and that the fact that YOU seem to be the only one with these issues is more a reflection of you than of SATSair.

And what is it with the Kool-Aid and bleach with you? The way you rant about it you realllly come across as someone with mental health issues. Seek help. It's out there to help you get better.

Last edited:
Kool-aid Parlance:

As far as Kool-Aid---I hate to betray my stupidity, but for as much as I've given you grief about the stuff, I'm not even sure I know what it means?! Is it something about blindly following orders (a la Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple suicides) or is it something about childish pleasures? Honestly, I don't know---

I'm either too young,

NOT! (Nice try)

too bright-eyed and non-cynical, or just too darn stupid to understand it! And don't even get me going about bleach!!! WTF?!!!!

Beware also Kool-aid is probably a registered trademark and you will all be sued for royalties!

No More Pi$$ing Contests for me

Make it a KOOL-AID year,bottoms UP!! Add more BLEACH for Flavoring

G-Spot, make yer Kool-Aid anyway you want to. When it comes to your ilk, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :smash: After this post, I will no longer reply to this kind of moronic post.

...and Skip. This post was inactive for about 2 weeks until someone decided to post again on it. Just gave more grist for G-Spot to grind on. Guess that proved my point that arguing with him is like wrestling with a pig in the mud... the pig enjoys it. :puke:

Smooth Lines

Ya know---man, I just can't go there! I can't, I won't, I...won't....allow....myself....to....go...over....to....the....Dark....Side!

I'm making more money helping to save people's lives and flying Phling Wings that are my true love. Period. SATSAir is a great organization, with good people and I am still on their roster as an on-demand contract pilot during my time off. Period.

That's not what this thread is supposed to be about, I'm not going there anymore. You don't like them, they don't like you, it's done. This guy (crash pilot) obviously got disoriented from the evidence in the NTSB report and, unfortunately, couldn't pull himself together again in time to prevent the accident. It doesn't sound like a mechanical failure of the aircraft, and it doesn't sound like a situation that should have been anything but routine to someone who was familiar with the aircraft and its' systems. BUT...I WASN'T THERE, I'M NOT JUDGING THIS GUY AND I HATE IT FOR HIS FAMILY THAT HE'LL NEVER WALK THROUGH THE DOOR AGAIN! I don't have any dog in the figt one way or another as to who or what was to blame, etc etc etc.---I just feel bad that somebody doing what I do was killed and his surviving relatives are surely hurting and grieving. That's where you were wrong, John---for showing everyone that you were more interested in your pound of flesh from Tim, Steve et al and hoping to find a way to pin something on SATS than you were with trying to help figure out what happened to make us all better aviators, and/or feeling a bit of empathy for a guy who no longer lives to walk, talk and fly among us. Be a person before you're a bitter former employee, please.

As far as Kool-Aid---I hate to betray my stupidity, but for as much as I've given you grief about the stuff, I'm not even sure I know what it means?! Is it something about blindly following orders (a la Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple suicides) or is it something about childish pleasures? Honestly, I don't know---I'm either too young, too bright-eyed and non-cynical, or just too darn stupid to understand it! And don't even get me going about bleach!!! WTF?!!!!

Have read some smooth lines in my time but this has to be one of the best.FlyingSkip can really schmooze everyone and his own ego at the same time,sounds like an experienced well-polished political hack that you read about,hear about on the news and in political campaign's.
I still can't buy what he said.So we still don't know the real reason FlyingSkip is not at SATSAir anylonger!!!!

This guy should run for elected office,maybe congress!!!!!

Last edited:
the real issue, and the BODYSLAM

G-force,

I flew the cirrus in IMC yesterday ,depature with 100 over and a 1/4 . shot approaches to cre and back . the real issue is you are scared to fly the Cirrus IFR. I have read enough. You bash it because it is single engine. you think it is unsafe . It is not. I have flown jets with glass. The cirrus can be flown hot and fast in the arrival area, and with its automation be flown like a jet all the way to 100 above DA. I wouldn't hesitate to fly it in IFR as long as there aren't forecast known ice at my planned altitude. Otherwise it is high tech for accomplished airmen.

Doesn't matter why skip left SATSAIR. It is irrevelent. It sounds like you were canned and can't get over the rejection. It also sounds like you bash the SATS concept because you can't handle flying single engine IFR even if it is VFR on top. Nobody said you had to go out and punch a line in some level sixes and be a warrior.

I suggest you quit antagonizing everyone, get a new handle, and be nice.

If you can't stand the heat (flying singles IFR) then get out of the kitchen.

PS> leave out the Kool Aid crap, it is so stupid. Its shows poor debating skills and lack of reason .

Latest resources

Back