• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cirrus crash in Charlotte

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the above posts. i currently teach in a SR20. by far the most difficult airplane that ive taught in. The airplane is pretty unforgiving to mistakes largely due to the very clean airframe. Its an airplane where if you are competant and understand the systems it is extremely safe. The automation and integration of GPS ect. make it by far the easiest airplane i have ever flown IFR in. That being said, if you dont use the systems correctly you will be in deep sh1t real quick. Rich guys that have 80 hours and just got their private do not belong in this aircraft in my opinion. They doent have the maturity level (flying wise) to safely handle this aircraft. As for icing. There have been several fatal accidents with this aircraft in ice. I dont know how it performs in ice as i take that accient trend as a clue. The rest of the Cirrus owners should as well. The TKS that is marketed as a safety option has some serious limitations aside from not being certified. It can take very long (30-45 minutes i was told) for the TKS solution to cover all the leading edges. In addition, if not used regularly the sponge like material inside the leading edges drys up rendering it useless. Long story short the airplane should go nowhere near ice. Im a Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilot with a couple hundered hourse between both models. if you have questions let me know.

I agree with the above, plus there is so much information from the new avionics, it is easy to get distracted and to single focus rather than keep up a good scan. One can easily get caught up in fooling around with the avionics and not flying the plane.
A second aspect, is that people buy these things to go places. In the -22, you have a high performance plane clipping along being flown by pilots with a 172 mind speed, into weather and environments that tax someone with more time and skill. In one Ft. Lauderdale crash, the guy took of in weather I would not have been really excited about going into in a jet or turbo prop.

Is this aircraft a SATSAIR Cirrus on a PT.135 charter??????

Is this poster a sad little person who cant let go of his experience at SATSair?

G-Force, anyone familiar with your posts about SATSair can problably figure out that you were hoping it was a SATSair aircraft so you could say 'I told you so'.

If you were a stronger reader you would be able to find out for yourself that it wasnt a SATSair aircraft and save yourself from coming across as a dick once again.

Un-solicited Opinion

Is this poster a sad little person who cant let go of his experience at SATSair?

G-Force, anyone familiar with your posts about SATSair can problably figure out that you were hoping it was a SATSair aircraft so you could say 'I told you so'.

If you were a stronger reader you would be able to find out for yourself that it wasnt a SATSair aircraft and save yourself from coming across as a dick once again.

This is ONE BIG KOOL-AID DRINKER HERE!!!!!!!

From Airshares Elite Website:

CEAT™ - The proprietary Cirrus Energy Absorbing Technology (CEAT) integrated into each Cirrus seat protects occupants in emergency landing conditions by absorbing energy equivalent to 26g's vertically and 19g's horizontally.

Interesting. I believe this is a FAR requirement under Part 23. Just as a host of other arsenine statements about safety on their website. Guess Charllotte's trees and terrain are of the 30/20+ G types. With marketing like this (reference another poster) you could walk away from anything in this pencil-lead contraption.

I am curious. Anyone know if it was an instructor/salesman or a client flying?

Lots of other goodies @ http://www.airshareselite.com

No Air Carrier Certificate for any of the management or holdings listed on the site. Looks like a near SATSair 134.5/91.9995 operation.

Last edited:
G-Spot will you SHUT UP?!

I'v been outta the mud with G-Spot for so long that I hesitate to take the plunge again, but I'm so glad that somebody else noticed just how callous, unprofessional and downright LOW that post was a few days back! No sympathy for a fellow pilot who died doing something we all do; no empathy for the family of a man who will never again walk through the door; no curiousity about what went wrong so others could avoid the same mistake, if indeed he made one. Just an EAGERNESS to look for SATSAir to have an incident so he could strut around and say "I told you so!" And the funny thing is---if he wouldn't have had his arse handed to him before he even took his checkride he'd have been on their dime and flying their planes---and do you think then he'd have been in such a hurry to mouth such crap about the plane? Maybe...maybe not. Having met the...gentleman (yuk) I'm not sure that he isn't so stupid as to bite the hand that feeds him! Actually, if I recollect rightly---that's a lot of the reason he got handed his walking papers!

Back to the subject---G-Spot you stinking piece of dung---if you can't say something decent in honor of a dead fellow aviator, keep your trap shut. There's enough mess in the world today---we don't need you making any more for us to step in! RIP to a fellow aviator who flies in a different place now.

i am flying an SR20 for a wealthy owner nand the other day as i was loading the selected approach into the 530 , i just thought, gee this thing is alot like the FMS on the boeing , the autopilot and 15 inch flight display and the garmins make this an easy cross country airplane.

Latest resources

Back