• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cincinnati, we hardly knew ye. . .

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ no longer in CVG next month. All flying done by NWA / 9E including new servive to MEM. Maybe the hangar can be used for the XJ refugees.
Thumbs up to crews in CVG had a great time.

big shacks said:
XJ no longer in CVG next month. All flying done by NWA / 9E including new servive to MEM. Maybe the hangar can be used for the XJ refugees.
Thumbs up to crews in CVG had a great time.

Does that include all the mx guys there too? Did they say how they plan on getting out of the lease of the hangar? So absolutely no XJ flights to/from CVG?

Word is that the hangar will be around for a while so they can re-engine the AVRO's before they're returned to the leasor (sp).

MM

Wow, what a quarter!

How many crews are there in CVG? What is the total number of people involved? Where do you think these people will end up?

Good luck to you guys.

Towelie said:
Attention Mesaba kids:

Just heard from someone at the G/O that CVG is going, going, gone very soon. Stand by for another displacement/base closing bid.

Let the good times roll! :rolleyes:

I have a bad feeling this thread is going to get hijacked by the Comair folks. That is a low comment, I know...

Mesabi Miner said:
Word is that the hangar will be around for a while so they can re-engine the AVRO's before they're returned to the leasor (sp).

MM

MSP has been doing engine changes for the past few weeks, about 3 a day.

Who was at the meeting in CVG?

Whats the final word on Cinci base? I want to hear it from someone who actually attended, is the base closing? I see the lines have every pilot on reserve w/11 days off. There are some parings listed but no flying on any lines, Is that just for the time being? If that holds true, that'l suck sheep b*lls for the commuters. You'd think they could award a few more days off with that many people (everyone) on reserve........you'd think!

cougarx530 said:
Whats the final word on Cinci base? I want to hear it from someone who actually attended, is the base closing? I see the lines have every pilot on reserve w/11 days off. There are some parings listed but no flying on any lines, Is that just for the time being? If that holds true, that'l suck sheep b*lls for the commuters. You'd think they could award a few more days off with that many people (everyone) on reserve........you'd think!

I caught the 1st 1/2 of the CC last night. THe base is officially closing. It will be about a 3 month process to get everybody displaced. In the mean time everyone is straight reserve. A few people asked about making the reserve lines with extra days off. Status Quo and the current CBA means reserve lines always have been and will continue to be built with 11 days off. Why would the company bend the contract and status quo to help out the pilots when the pilot group stands behind status quo and the CBA themselves? ALPA preeches "Fly Safe & Fly the Contract" which I am all for so I don't fault the company when they use a similiar philosophy.

makes the bidding a whole lot easier.

Latest resources

Back