• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cincinnati, we hardly knew ye. . .

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at the meeting.... No real surprises other than everyone is sititng reserve, EVERYONE. All flight attendants are gone on Dec 1. Pilots will go as soon as retraining or furloughs can happen (expected to take about 3 months) It's displacement on a grand scale. Supposedly mgmt is meeting with the unions for "relief" from some provisions of the contract. Basically it's a giant goat rope.:puke:

I think it's time to search for the old Learjet manuals.

Check please.

DetoXJ said:
It will be about a 3 month process to get everybody displaced.

This is something I think should be monitored carefully. They pulled this same crap at CWA/RHI the announcement was in August or September, and the last guys left to start class in January. From what I remember/understand the grievance that was filed dealt with the amount of flying that the CWA/RHI guys did outside of base, and that it constituted more than 5% (in DTW/MEM), which was the max amount under the contract that the company could leave unassigned. We lost that argument.

My position is that we should have also challenged the company/filed a grievance based on the TDY provisions of the contract. Its been a while, but from what I remember, any assignment that the company knows will last longer than 90 days has to be done as a TDY. My arguement was that, in the case of CWA, they knew that it would take more than 90 days to move everyone out base and by failing to create positions in the bases that received the flying formerly done by CWA (as evidenced by the high rate of usage of the CWA pilots who were on R and were sent to sit at those bases) then they ineffect created a TDY need and violated the contract (atleast the spirit of the contract) by failing to offer TDY.

The current situation is a bit more challenging as some of the flying actually will be going away as 9 Avros get parked, but I would still love to see someone grieve the pure reserve crap on the grounds that the company knows this will take 3 months and it should be TDY based on that time span.

Latest resources

Back