• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cincinnati area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cincinnati isn't the a$$ of society, Toledo is. Seriously, Ohio and Michigan went to war over that city.... Ohio lost.

But back on topic, downtown Cincy is not the greatest place to be, it's going downhill fast and the local establishment doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. Northern KY, on the other hand, is where all the cool stuff seems to be going. Personally, I can only speak for the Clifton area near UC (STAY AWAY!!!!), Anderson/Beechmont (not too bad, but traffic is a nightmare), and Withamsville/Eastgate (same thing but closer to highway). Just remember that traffic lights in Over the Rhine and in Queensgate are OPTIONAL when red and you'll be fine.
Could not agree more, I live in CLE and we here try to think of toledo as part of Michigan. The saying goes, to get to ann Arbor from Columbus you go North till you smell west till you step in it. But if the wind is blowing right it wont work because you will end up right in the heart of TOL, the Hood.

CVG is what it is: a conservative, semi-closed minded, Bengals loving, Skyline obsessing, Frisch's munching, Graeter's eating, Kroger shopping folks.

If you move to one of the older neighborhoods like Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Pleasant Ridge, Oakley, Kenwood, Indian Hill (I am an eastsider... I cannot even name a neighborhood on the West Side or in Kentucky) you are going to run into a lot of the "where did you go to high school - I've lived here all my life - what family are you from" mentality.

If you move to the newer neighborhoods, like West Chester or Lakota (even some of the places in Kentucky that are newer), you will meet more people who have transplanted into the community.

Any place you move is pretty much what you make of it. If you get out, join a group, join a church, get involved in something you will meet more people. If you sit around in your apartment/house and wait for the locals to come to you, well, you will get nothing. This is especially true if you are single.

It's hard for all of us in aviation to meet anybody given the weird hours we keep. Most professionals are not off on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! As such, we tend to only meet folks from work and that becomes our social life. I have had people in CVG tell me that Comair/Delta people are snobs. They don't come to block parties, they never invite us over, blah, blah, blah. This was before I worked in the industry. After seven years of being in the business... I see why. We are not snobs, we are just busy and work weird hours and are not around when everybody else is.

Give CVG a chance. Call the Chamber of Commerce and get their movers guide. It will help you find where you want to go.

Skyline has horrible chilly, yet everyone talks it up to something great. ITs like saying Mcdonalds has great cheese burgers then you one and realize its SH!T

That's because Skyline isn't a chili, it's actually the original owners old family recipe from Greece and is more of a sauce. How it got called chili is beyond me. Consider it some sort of Greek pasta sauce.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back