Cincinnati area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what I figured.

Apologies if you have a soft spot for Cincitucky, but I speak from too many years spent in that town. Besides the original poster should get both sides of the story before he makes his move. That was the whole point of the thread wasn't it??

Apologies if you have a soft spot for Cincitucky, but I speak from too many years spent in that town. Besides the original poster should get both sides of the story before he makes his move. That was the whole point of the thread wasn't it??

Fact is, there isn't a perfect place to live and I'm sure someone else could throw stones at yours.

You made your point the first time but then you felt the need to go on and on in the thread about it. Which doesn't really give you a tremendous amount of credibility on the subject.

We get it. You don't like it here.

If you're willing to drive a bit to get to work, Indy is only 2 hours up the road. We're in a NE suburb of Indy and it's just shy of 2 hours from driveway to employee lot. Urban downtown, quiet suburbs, good football, good racing.

Depends on what you're looking for! Living here while on RSV can be dicey, depending on your callout time.

It is a two hour drive, but I've found it to be a nice place. (We've been here 2 1/2 years now, after spending 10 years in Chicago.)

Thanks for the responses.

My wife and I lend more credence to the folks who responded in a calm, logical manner. Although the ones who didn't were apparently well-educated and open minded???

In a way, that helps answer our question as to who we would rather live next to.

According to you, anyone who can afford a million dollar condo is a "moron". But you don't think you're "better than anyone" and you're "open-minded".

Brilliant.

You can misquote me all night long if you feel like it. I would love to afford a million dollar condo someday, so I certainly don't think everyone in that situation is a moron. But if thats what you got out of my statement, then that tells me everything I need to know about people who like living in the nasty. I'm done now so feel free to have the last word.

p.s. stay away from the chili... its not really chili

Good luck if you decide to go to CVG. I was born and raised there for 20 yrs. Luckily I traveled alot growing up and saw lots of other places. I hated growing up in Cinti. (and I grew up in one of the best parts of the city). So, I left. 10 years later I was hired with Comair and returned. Soon after I returned I remembered all the reasons I left the first time. So, I left again.

As a Cinti native I can attest that many of the reasons people stated on are are dead on. The racial tension and the close mindedness of the people who live there is unbelievable.

Some people on this forum tend to be very passionate about expressing their opinions but don't be too quick to dismiss what they are trying to tell you.

CVG isn't the worst place in the country, far from it. I would rather live there than DTW or PHL or ERW just to name a few. But there are serious issues to be dealt with in that city (on both sides of the river). Also consider how your wife will feel. Mine hated it. The people there are very closed. Many established their social groups in HS and don't accept outsiders easily or willingly.

Again, good luck if you choose to go there. There is alot to be said for not commuting. Then again, there is alot to be said for liking where you live and having friends and family nearby.

Good luck to us all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back