• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cincinnati area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cincinnati isn't the a$$ of society, Toledo is. Seriously, Ohio and Michigan went to war over that city.... Ohio lost.

But back on topic, downtown Cincy is not the greatest place to be, it's going downhill fast and the local establishment doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. Northern KY, on the other hand, is where all the cool stuff seems to be going. Personally, I can only speak for the Clifton area near UC (STAY AWAY!!!!), Anderson/Beechmont (not too bad, but traffic is a nightmare), and Withamsville/Eastgate (same thing but closer to highway). Just remember that traffic lights in Over the Rhine and in Queensgate are OPTIONAL when red and you'll be fine.

This thread is titled "Cincinnati area" but most everyone is really talking about Northern Kentucky. I lived on the north side of Cincinnati (Mason) for 9 years and it is nothing like Northern Kentucky. So the phrase "Cincinasty" should be "NoKenNasty". Every Comair guy seems to want to live close to the airport (Northern Kentucky) and then say they live in Cincinnati and say that Cincinnati sucks. If your going to move the area, be willing to drive a little and live on the Ohio side of the river.

Not true. We lived in the Hyde Park area and it was the same cr@p. Oh, and there is this big eastside vs. westside thing in Cincinnati. Each side thinks the other side sucks but what the local yokels don't realize is that it ALL SUCKS!!! If I had to pick one thing that I missed about the area it would be the feeling we had when we looked in the rearview mirror and saw that hellhole slowly disappearing for good...

Last edited:
Not true. We lived in the Hyde Park area and it was the same cr@p. Oh, and there is this big eastside vs. westside thing in Cincinnati. Each side thinks the other side sucks but what the local yokels don't realize is that it ALL SUCKS!!! If I had to pick one thing that I missed about the area it would be the feeling we had when we looked in the rearview mirror and saw that hellhole slowly disappearing for good...

I couldn't agree more. I lived on both sides of the river and its all the same. Ohio looks down on KY, KY looks down on OH, East vs west.

Here is another piece of advice. When you someone comes up and asks you where you went to school, they don't mean college, they mean high school. Small minded freaks.

I couldn't agree more. I lived on both sides of the river and its all the same. Ohio looks down on KY, KY looks down on OH, East vs west.

Here is another piece of advice. When you someone comes up and asks you where you went to school, they don't mean college, they mean high school. Small minded freaks.

HA HA HA! I forgot about that. I'll also never forget the first time I ordered coffee at starbucks and the lady said, "Please?" Ok, can I PLEASE have a tall coffee? "Please?" PLEASE WHAT?!?! JUST GIVE ME MY F'N COFFEE!!! LOL

Stay as far away from cincinnati as you can. I don't care if you live in LEX or SDF and drive just don't live near in Cincitucky. I have never spent more time around WT redneck backwoods hillbillies that think they live in the greatest town in the world. Between the crappy weather and the racial tensions I really don't know why anyone lives there.

whew that wore me out...

Are these backwoods hillbillies you speak of the same PEOPLE that will be affording the Million dollar condos in Newport KY?
Unless your the type of person that thinks your better than the average hard working American I think you find the CVG area a fine place to live.

Are these backwoods hillbillies you speak of the same PEOPLE that will be affording the Million dollar condos in Newport KY?
Unless your the type of person that thinks your better than the average hard working American I think you find the CVG area a fine place to live.

Buahhahahahaha! Oh man. I don't even know where to start with that one!

Anyone who would pay for a million dollar condo between the $hitty brown river and the ghetto ass projects in Newport is a moron. But If they've got the money more power to them. And yes I live in Newport for 1 1/2 years so I'm very familiar.

I don't think I'm better than anyone, maybe more open minded and more educated but to each his own. The locals seem very happy there, but I have yet to meet someone who came from another city who actually enjoys it.

Anyone who would pay for a million dollar condo between the $hitty brown river and the ghetto ass projects in Newport is a moron. But If they've got the money more power to them. And yes I live in Newport for 1 1/2 years so I'm very familiar.

I don't think I'm better than anyone, maybe more open minded and more educated but to each his own. The locals seem very happy there, but I have yet to meet someone who came from another city who actually enjoys it.

So tell us where you live.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back