• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN FURLOUGHED:

All these furloughs at Christmas are turning my stomach inside out. I have three small kids and I cant imagine...

When I lost my job at Midway, I walked a long road to where I am now. So to all you guys/gals keep your chins up and don't worry yourself sick. Situations work themselves out, its just bad timing right now.

I'm sure someone around here is smart enough and has time enough to spearhead a help fund (I'll donate but cant run it).

To everyone else, lets pitch in some cold hard cash and make sure these pilots can give their kids a Christmas. We throw enough rocks around here 355 days a year. Lets spend 10 helping one other out.

Ideas???

That is a great idea, but the logistics behind dispersing the money to deserving people might prove to be a HUGE hurdle.

I am also willing to contribute. Anyone have any experience setting up a donation site or something of that nature?

I know there is a fund being established for the CS guys -- CS pilots helping CS pilots -- and will be distributed to CS pilots. Right now, there are no plans for that fund to be expanded to other groups. It's a grand idea, though.

I know there is a fund being established for the CS guys -- CS pilots helping CS pilots -- and will be distributed to CS pilots. Right now, there are no plans for that fund to be expanded to other groups. It's a grand idea, though.

Do you, by any chance know how they set it up and are dispersing it?

Do you, by any chance know how they set it up and are dispersing it?

It's still in early stages. The CS Union organizers already have a bank account, and will be creating a separate one for the furlough fund. Pilots can send checks to the furlough fund (CLEARLY MARKED for the furlough fund), and they will be placed in the new account. Distribution will be determined by the organizers. That's about all I know...

Latest resources

Back