Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Publishers

Christmas Gift For You
A few years ago, my Christmas message dealt mostly with gifts. In that message and other Bible group teachings, I have talked about the way people look at gifts. Naturally that perspective changes over the years as one matures. Others perhaps never change at all from being the little kid who rips the wrapping off and tears open the box in anxious anticipation of what is inside. Checking it quickly, many times that same kid or person can be seen rushing to the next one or playing with the box and not the gift.
In a way, I am still that kid. My wife Madora however is much different. She almost delays the opening so she can keep the anticipation going. When she opens a gift, it is with the precision of a surgeon doing a delicate operation. The paper almost never tears, the ribbon preserved, the box opening slowly, and then removing the gift. She looks at it, never disappointed, like it is the most precious gift that she ever received. Then she puts it back in the box with the same dedication she removed it with. Later she will bring it out again reliving the joy. Of course there are many ways along the path between the way Madora does it and how I do it. Some open the gift and start playing with it immediately wanting to see it from all angles and whatever it can do. Others may put it away for later and some may never use it at all.
Gifts from God are like that too. People tend to treat them the same way. Some rush to open them but quickly discard them for something else. Some may open them and keep them close so they can look at them again in the same wonder. Others open them and put them on the shelf. Lastly are the ones who do not open them at all, their attention drawn to the pretty wrapping on the outside of the boxes.
Christmas is the celebration of God’s greatest gift of all. A perfect and magnificent gift, made for especially for us. It was not wrapped in a pretty box with golden wrapping and a colorful bow. It came humbly with a babies cry. In giving us this gift, it was to take away the sinful aspects of our lives. What a great and powerful gift. And, like other gifts, some will glance at it briefly and go on to something else, some will cherish the gift appreciating every aspect, some will put it on the shelf for another day, some too will not open it at all.
Madora and I recognize the gift of that one child God sent to us for us. He sent others as well. You are one for each friend is like a gift from God to be opened slowly and appreciated. May you and your family celebrate the greatest gift ever given, those around you and the one above you.
Merry Christmas
Publishers

And my Christmas present to you is to refrain from posting a very snarky comment.

Happy Christmas, Merry New Year

Yeah, I'm out of presents so stand by for snarky comments...

Good God! No one comes here to get preached at.

Take your crazy belief system on down the road and find a group of real live people who care and share your voodoo with them.

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for reminding us of what the "reason for the season" is all about!
Peace and joy to all
Fly safe and,
Merry Christmas!

I'm with Publisher and 410:

For a moment, let's put this nonsense behind us and remember what it really is all about.

To family and true friends!

It really is what it is all about, for me anyway.

Yes, I did 8 years of nuns, and 4 years of Jesuits, and understand Christ, but this is what it means to me.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Hung

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all. For those flying tonight, don't forget that Santa's sleigh is not equipped with TCAS!

She (Mary) will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.
Matthew 1:21

Latest resources

Back