• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ to get 190's in exchange to let MDA fly 170's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can guarantee that it is the opinion of the vast majority of CHQ pilots that the 190's arrive on CHQ property. There is only one pilot I've ever heard from CHQ who doesn't want the 190's, and he's one post above this one.

"We would have preffered the E190 stay at mainline to increase jobs at mainline carriers; however, it has been put directly in our lap, and I think with the improvements it will probably pass."

Who is we? Do you mean you? I respect that you are trying to defend your pilot group that seems to always be under constant attack. Unfortunately the majority of your pilot group are not "Old Man Pilots". Can you tell me one other place that USAiways would rather put these 190's??? The 190 going to CHQ has the potential to raise cash thru MDA asset sales/transfers, put two common type aircraft with the same carrier passing along the savings to USAirways in what they pay for contract costs, etc, etc, no other carrier can offer CASH SAVINGS when it comes to the 190, in fact I believe it would be added expense if they went elsewhere.

You would rather see these planes at mainline? You think your getting a rotten deal?

The very obvious answer is to vote it down and to spread the word to everyone else to do the same. I really don't know what I would do if I was in your position, honestly I haven't heard enough details on how this is all to go down. But you have, and you seem to think you can do better. Do you really think they won't come back with another deal considering Wexfords position?

I am 95% sure these airplanes are destined to arrive on your property no matter what (unless the America West guys some how find a leg to stand on...which I doubt). But I'm also in agreement with you Old Man P, I believe your pilot group will still pass this first time around. Good Luck! AD

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Aren't the AWA pilots (or new USAir pilots....) trying to block this? They should.

Bye Bye--General Lee
LOA 46 left the door open for just this sort of bargaining at Delta. You might want to check in on your own MEC.

You guys are forgetting just a few small details before you stick your 190 sticker on your bag.

The ALPA contract does not allow for transferring of 190 except for a small situation. That is, they have been ordered by Airways and can not be delivered. I remind you they have not been ordered.

The MDA pilots have an arbitration pending that is a general PIA for Airways and Republic management. IE training classes.

America West pilots are saying NO

The ATSB loan deal requires that if the division is sold tha vast majority of the capital raised goes back to the ATSB. This cash infusion will not really help Airways.

Apparently the combined ALPA groups and management are working on an agreement to keep both the 170's and 190's right where they are.

So other than those 5 things the 190 will be on your doorstep in no time.

The very obvious answer is to vote it down and to spread the word to everyone else to do the same. I really don't know what I would do if I was in your position, honestly I haven't heard enough details on how this is all to go down. But you have, and you seem to think you can do better. Do you really think they won't come back with another deal considering Wexfords position?

From the updates from our own Union Reps, it sounds as if US wants a decision from CHQ/Rep ASAP. Management is telling us that U needs a decision from Wexford, I am assuming, before other options are excercised. Of course, management screaming that the sky is falling is nothing new to us.

We have yet to receive the J4J packet in the mail, since it was just agreed upon a few days ago. All of the details are outlined in those packets and there is NO supported information on the net.

After talking to one of our reps, I do know that we gave up nothing in return. But as of right now, that is all I or anyone, other than our council and management know.

The specifics are in the mail.

Last edited:
Informative post FR8mastr....sounds like an extremely complex scam Airways is trying to pull here and I didn't realize there were still so many possible fights ro be fought. Wexford mgmt seems to be sending the message that this is as close to a done deal that is possible and theirs for the taking.....they just need to sign on the dotted line. Obviously the quicker they trap them into something, the less chance people get to see the big picture ("we need to sign something by the end of the month").....then if all the court battles are favorable....mgmt gets a sweet deal, if not.....back to the drawing board. Nothing to lose on thier part.

The whole situation is total b/s and I hope the MidAtlantic guys fight the good fight. 190's, 170's, and all the guy & gals that orig signed up for the program needs to be incorperated more into how this all goes down, good luck with that. AD

Last edited:
avrodriver said:
....sounds like an extremely complex scam Airways is trying to pull here. AD

Airways try and pull one over on an employee group, no they'd never try that would they?? They are way too nice down there in CC to try anything like that.

Latest resources

Back