CHQ to get 190's in exchange to let MDA fly 170's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bdfg1

"Good afternoon. We had a good meeting with the IBT today and it appears we have reached a compromise on the question of operating E190s. We have some fence-mending to do with Airways to get ourselves back into this process and the IBT still must get the side letter ratified by the end of the month. Neither process will be easy, but I sense both sides will give it their best efforts. What more can you expect. "-Bryan Bedford

I was hoping it would work out that we would get all the 190 flying. All we have to do is agree to let all the MDA pilots come here and fly the 170. Pretty fair deal if you ask me.

Aren't the AWA pilots (or new USAir pilots....) trying to block this? They should.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Aren't the AWA pilots (or new USAir pilots....) trying to block this? They should.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Agreed. Mainline pilots should be flying anything over 100 seats - unless you want to earn regional wages to fly the aircraft. Wait a second, Jet Blue is paying FOs regional wages to fly the E190... This is confusing.

Bdfg1 said:
"Good afternoon. We had a good meeting with the IBT today and it appears we have reached a compromise on the question of operating E190s. We have some fence-mending to do with Airways to get ourselves back into this process and the IBT still must get the side letter ratified by the end of the month. Neither process will be easy, but I sense both sides will give it their best efforts. What more can you expect. "-Bryan Bedford

I was hoping it would work out that we would get all the 190 flying. All we have to do is agree to let all the MDA pilots come here and fly the 170. Pretty fair deal if you ask me.

Yeah, 50% of them. I wouldn't say "all" of them. Or is this Bedford's new proposal to the union?

Last edited:
God I hope AWA ALPA doesn't let USAIR ALPA screw this up like every other thing they have touched I.E. Midatlantic.

god, I was just starting to think that ctq was starting to rise out of the level of complete bottom feeding airline. If those pilots agree to give up all those seats just to get a few new airplanes, I will have lost what little respect I have left for them. Good luck to AWA and thier grievence.

DASHDRIVER said:
If those pilots agree to give up all those seats just to get a few new airplanes, I will have lost what little respect I have left for them.

EVERYONE VOTE NOOOOO!

He's lost respect for us!!!!!!!!

That would matter if any of us gave one rat's a$$ what another pilot group thinks about us. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes at our company just as I don't know what's going on at yours. So just shut it.

That would matter if any of us gave one rat's a$$ what another pilot group thinks about us. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes at our company just as I don't know what's going on at yours. So just shut it.

We don't give 1 rats ass about you homos - and that is why we are going to prevent you schmucks from ever flying the 190s at $hit-taco !!!

Enforce Scope - Big Burrito Bombers at Mainline ONLY !!!!

ok here we go again.

CHQ/REP pilots wish we didn't have to deal with the E190. We are only dealing with it because of US Airways ALPA. But the fact remains that the bid for 25 E190's was made, and we DO have to deal with that. What we have made that was not shown on this thread is that CHQ/REP pilots must vote on the increased J4J deal. We negotiated for improvments and correction to the language of our current contract before agreeing to send the ammended J4J contract to our membership for a vote.

We either vote for the aircraft, and improvment to our existing contract or the aircraft will go to another contract carrier. Thus the delimma. We would have preffered the E190 stay at mainline to increase jobs at mainline carriers; however, it has been put directly in our lap, and I think with the improvements it will probably pass.

Again I say its a shame that we must even have to deal with this. You shouldn't be upset with CHQ/REP for getting these E190's, you should be upset at why we are having to get them.

Learlove, after reading a couple of your posts I have gained new respect and understanding of your position. I sincerely hope that if AWA/U ALPA are unable to stop the E170/E190 sale, you will come to CHQ/REP with the resolve that you currently have and use your passion to help improve things here. Best of luck

Latest resources

Back