CHQ Scabs? reminicient of GJ isn't it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jetfo said:
That's it, it just occurred to my why CAL chose CHQ. I'll bet they are expecting scope relief from the CAL MEC in the future and plan on expanding their express operations with the EMB170/175's that CHQ is already operating for US and UAL.

I'll bet you a dollar that's what is going on, although I don't know why they couldn't have done that at XJT. Maybe because Republic already has a large number of orders and options for the EMB170/175's. After all, CAL is the last legacy carrier to yet capitulate on scope and the only one that had been able to hold the line at 50 seats.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In surveying the business landscape I have become a grand theorist for the domino effect. Once one company puts a factory in Mexico, India, timbuktu then their competitors have to do the same to compete against cheaper labor, cheaper costs and of course cheaper products. The same domino effect is going on in the airline industry, with one airline deploying RJ's at a cheaper cost with more seats then domino!!! They all have to follow suit to compete... Yes, certainly management could have cut a deal with Express Jet and they could add 70 seats to their certificate if they cared about the future of the Express Jet Pilots and Continental Express. However, they decided to put the flying out to bid, and with the competitive nature of the bid process they probably lowered the overall cost of their RJ flying.

I think the same thing is going on with wages. The American public is only interested in cheap. If they were willing to pay slightly hire prices and purchase American products, we would be able to keep our wages higher, our benefits better and make America stronger rather then weaker.

The other problem is you cannot expect experienced pilots to lose their jobs be displaced and have no place to go except for very low paying jobs. This is a huge problem with the upheavel in the industry and the constant churning of jobs. The current system doesn't work in the deregulated airline industry.

jetfo said:
I am not sure whether GJ was created to hurt another pilot group. I thougth it was created to avoid AA scope issues. The same reason Republic Holdings created Shuttle and Republic.

Wrong. All pilots at Republic Airways Holdings fly under the Chautauqua Master Seniority List. No doubt we gave up something to get this (highest pay in industry? Who knows.). You could've offered me FedEx A380 pay but if you don't have an airplane to fly because your flying was transferred to "another carrier" and all you were worried about was being the highest pay in the industry, your pay rate will end up at precisely $0.00. Do you think the pilots at Trans States would take our current CBA to have all flying on the same list? I thought so.

Jack Mahogoff said:
You could've offered me FedEx A380 pay but if you don't have an airplane to fly because your flying was transferred to "another carrier" and all you were worried about was being the highest pay in the industry, your pay rate will end up at precisely $0.00.

How ironic.

C'mon Somebody say "Race to the Bottom"

CHQ and MESA are basically one in the same. Someday CHQ pilots will wake up and realize it wasn't worth takeing crappy pay to fly a 70 seater. Enjoy it now, the novelty wears off just like the shine on the paint.

What, just like Comair, ASA, Skywest, and the list goes on and on. Get on to something else bud, 70 seat pay does suck and RP, but it also sucks at all the regionals.

A question for you guys... Mesaba bid on this flying as well. If we had received the offer to to the flying, would we then be taking all the heat? Not that Mesaba will ever do any flying outside of Big Brother NWA, but I was just wondering if every airline that wins a bid will be labelled "scabs" and "champions in the race to the bottom."

MM

Chq and Mesa are nothing alike... Mesa sold out the rest of the industry in voting in their last contract. Chqs last contract included significant improvements in both wages and rule changes. Still one of the only regionals with no Junior Manning.

The mesa guys in florida are just like the go jet guys though... they turn their badges around so you wont know who they are and will hardly ever look you in the eye.

EMB JET PILOT - i know mesa guys in FL, they dont turn their badges around. Why would they? They were displaced out of CLT i am pretty sure they would rather not be commuting.

By the way it was the Freedom A listers that sold out the Mesa pilots. Next time you see a Mesa / Freedom CA in MCO why dont you stop and ask them about the F8 A listers. they will probably give you a list

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back