Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ/REP, Bedford sells off a large amount of shares???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlapShot said:
You mean W.H. is not an operations genius?

I've had the umm..pleasure of having a conversation with him. He may be well versed in theory, but all he can do in practice is sit across the table and say (best Bill Lumbergh imitation) "We'll have to see if we can do anything with that, but it doesn't look likely right now, mkay..." He's a tool who has been riding BB's coat tails for years. I'm just hoping he gets caught as a responsible party for falsifying records again like he did at XJ, so we can all send him cards while he's in "White Collar Country Club Prison."

And dare I actually say this, but I agree with Mr. Legacy Driver. The employees (myself included) are pissed because BB and the directors picked up a few million shares at $1.75-$4.00 per, and we got a nice mailing from the underwriters saying that if we wanted to buy in on the day of the IPO, they would allow us to with no "customary fees" for just the street price of the stock. So while BB is cashing out $10/share profit, any employees that bought in are still negative. Oh, and we knew an IPO was in the works, so we had the forethought to include the following in our CBA:
Article 14: Benefits:
J. Stock Purchase
Should the Company complete an IPO, the Company shall make a good faith effort to develop an employee stock purchase program. In any such program, the pilots will be able to participate at the same level as management and other eligible Company employees.

Lot of good it did us..
..CT

Piker, when our 135/140/145's go away, well have the 170,190's in place. Why do you think BB has so much tied up in these A/C.

When the CPSM is almost identical for both A/C the 170 is by far superior to the streched challenger. Pax comfort is going to play a BIG role with longer fllights. I myself don't want to sit longer than 2 hours is a CRJ of any type....what say you?

Not flame bait..truth

As for the furlough if it ever happens of course it would go out of seniority, do you think the union would just cave? Plz.

Who are ya'll gonna fly the 190 for? AWA has already wrapped up that flying for themselves. Delta?

As for the furlough if it ever happens of course it would go out of seniority, do you think the union would just cave? Plz.

I think Popeye means IN seniority, not ''out" of seniority like after 9/11. And back then, the union didn't really cave as much as they just said "that sucks but you're on probation...thanks for the union dues and $150 initiation fee. We'll go a head and send that over to the dump truck drivers local. Good luck."

Popeye0537 said:
Part of the MDA deal...rights to fly 190's if and when they come

190 flying was never part of the MDA deal. Check your sources. All the bottom feeders were asked to bid on 190 flying for USAir/America West. They have since secured all 190 flying for mainline. Sorry

Popeye0537 said:
Piker, when our 135/140/145's go away, well have the 170,190's in place. Why do you think BB has so much tied up in these A/C.

Let me get this straight....your excited about this?? Do you really think you are going to get the same number of 170's/190's to replace the number of 135/140/145's you operate? If not you move backwards. Even if you do get a 1 for 1 replacement what does this do for your seniority? You stay right where your at.....add in some type of J4J's and now you are moving backwards.

Let me help you out here. You want the 135/140/145's to stay. You also don't want to be furloughed out of seniority as your brothers were, unless your on the 170 and in that case if you think that's cool your a total a$$hole. (how many people there actually know what your company's capable of.....WEEEEEEEE! Disneyland..you don't have a clue.)

Piker

ps.... Bdfg1....... I doubt that 190 stuff is wrapped up for mainline....if so pony up and show us something to back it up with. I hope it's true!

FlyinPiker said:
ps.... Bdfg1....... I doubt that 190 stuff is wrapped up for mainline....if so pony up and show us something to back it up with. I hope it's true!

It's is all on the ALPA website. The one and only time I applaud ALPA.

It is in the latest issue of AIN and the 190's will start with U and as for losing codeshares, all the legacy's are in realignment and codeshares i.e. outsourced labor, that has great financing i.e. Republic, and is in a great postion that will fit the exact market i.e. 170-90 CHQ, will be the winners of the new airline industry. For all who forget,(Legacy Driver) Bedford took the company in 5 short years from a small 1 codeshare operator with 20 SAAB's to a viable public company that HAS made money every quarter and 100 or more RJ's to Ejets . That is trully impressive on any scale and any business. I am not an employee of CHQ but watch the industry very carfully and trust me they are a winning team. As for labor that is another story, it is not Bedford's fault for the Teamsters and union shortsightedness and lack of fortitude. It is true that the pay is not there and a good living can not be attianed till at least 10 year pay at CHQ but even Bedford is smart enough to know that with attrition due to the growth of the airline industry (1 billion pax traveled in the US by 2012) that the average CHQ pilot will be there only 7-9 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back