Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ/REP, Bedford sells off a large amount of shares???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As stated...a monkey could do what Bedford did and probably do it better (i.e. while saving employee goodwill). Wexford gave him a ton of funds. The employees gave him a good product. Anyone could have done that. I am unimpressed by Bedford...he just happened to be in the right place to benefit...and he did much of it at the expense of his people.

Piker...your an idiot, If we do get a 1 for 1 on the 170/190 how in the heck would that put me in a bad position?? I'm not on the 170 so I could care less about a furlough, I have enough people below me. And if one does happen, It wouldn't be my first.

Where do you think the J4J guys go on the senority list?? The bottom...ie below me

Get your facts straight,I think YOU spend to much time in Disneyland

Bdfg..I know all "bottom feeders" were given the chance to bid on the 190. To bad during the negotiations for the MDA deal 190's were part of them. You might want to check you facts. Well see how long Alpa holds the scope.

Better not be probationary on the 145

HA HA HA- sorry to break you off, but if there was ever a furlough due to reducing a fleet type(there probably won't be) BB and your boy WH would not think twice about choppin out o' seniority. Believe me I saw it happen.

Popeye0537 said:
Piker...your an idiot, If we do get a 1 for 1 on the 170/190 how in the heck would that put me in a bad position?? I'm not on the 170 so I could care less about a furlough, I have enough people below me. And if one does happen, It wouldn't be my first.

Let's see....I have no idea how many planes you have,but you keep talking tough like.... "f*ck the 135/140/145....we are going to get the 170/190". Wouldn't it be better to want to hope that your 135/140/145 fleet stays and the 170/190 is all growth. By the way....you really think you can magically get rid of some of the most unwanted airplanes in aviation and trade them in for something else.....huh, Yeah and I'm the idiot......

Popeye0537 said:
Where do you think the J4J guys go on the senority list?? The bottom...ie below me.

If you are a F/O J4J guys will be taking your potential upgrade. If you are a cpt on the 135/140/145....your seat would be going away (remember you don't care if those planes go away)....if all that is left are 170/190 seats...those will be subject to J4J....will there be a captain chair left for you?

Popeye0537 said:
Get your facts straight,I think YOU spend to much time in Disneyland.

I openly admit I have no facts....I'm just trying to instill some logic into your "The 170/190 will pave the way to success for all at Wex Inc" attitude, people will get f*cked, probably not you, so what do you care right?

Popeye0537 said:
Bdfg..I know all "bottom feeders" were given the chance to bid on the 190. To bad during the negotiations for the MDA deal 190's were part of them. You might want to check you facts. Well see how long Alpa holds the scope.

You successfully enabled yourself to have a shot at bidding for these airplanes....congrads, but that is all you did. Nevertheless I fully expect you to get your precious airplanes.

Piker

Last edited:
Popeye0537 said:
\Bdfg..I know all "bottom feeders" were given the chance to bid on the 190. To bad during the negotiations for the MDA deal 190's were part of them. You might want to check you facts. Well see how long Alpa holds the scope.

If MDA never had 190's nor any on order how was that part of the deal? Also how was it part of the deal if everyone was asked to bid for that flying? LOL. Good luck. The deal negotiated was only for the planes, sim, door trainer and slots. Nothing about 190's.

FlyinPiker said:
.....so your saying Bedford sold is OWN PERSONAL shares (cause that's what this thread has been referring to so far) so he could fund more airplanes.

I will not be surprised to see orders for more 170's & 190's.....but I would also not be surprised to see a big sh*t sandwich end up in CHQ's picnic basket. Skywest, ASA, and Mesa are most likely protected from seeing any Delta backlash. That leaves Comair and CHQ. If Comair gets sold to Mesa like I hear a bunch of guys laughing about (a$$holes).....Mesa will probably work the same deal as Skywest and Comair would also be protected.......who does that leave. I'm not saying CHQ is f*cked, but I'm saying it has the potential to be in regards to the 135/145.

Piker

I highly doubt that. Remember CHQ was the first regional contract affirmed by the US BK Judge after their filing. Bedford has weathered this sort of storm before.

FlyingDawg said:
I highly doubt that. Remember CHQ was the first regional contract affirmed by the US BK Judge after their filing. Bedford has weathered this sort of storm before.

I agree! I think that contracting out flying is all apart of the big restructuring plan. No offense to any of the mainline guys but, I'm glad I'm not a mainline pilot now.

The 170/190 debate aside I think the fact that we are the only ones operating them helps us a lot.

I belive CHQ has the ultimate bargaining chip in the 170s. If Delta wants to operate more 170s or god forbid 190s they have to use us or wait 2-3 years until someone else can get them. Jet Blue has all the 190s bought out for the whole year. (This is FACT told to me by an Embraer rep sitting on our jumpseat.) The 170s are being bought constantly by companies all over the globe. (Hong Kong Express, Paramount (india) Copa (Panama). The fact that CHQ has 80 of them I would assume gives us rights to get them quicker than others off the street.

If our CEO is smart, which I believe he is he will try and work a deal where we keep our 145 flying in exchange for more 170s.Or reduce some of our 145s and get more 170s. I do not think Mesa has that bargaining power we have. They have lower costs but Skywest/ASA has economies of scale with the size of their operation, Comair I do not know how they will shake out, and we have what Delta wants 170s.

Good luck to all

D

Im sure he meant firm orders for 80 170's. Or at present case, firm orders for 50 more, since there are 30 on the property as of right now. I see how things can get thrown out of whack on this board very easily......

Latest resources

Back