Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't go to neither ofthe 2.
Try Comair, ASA, AirWhisky.
CHQ has a great brunch of people, but management doesn't give a rat about us, we are the ONLY carrier which FIRED its pilots (out of seniority), we are Teamsters (that says it all), no pay protection for flight cancellations (for any reason). The good side: 22 more RJs in FL (that counts as a double bonus), and (did I mention it) a great bruch of people.

Good luck.

Take the first one that calls and keep paying the bills. Later on when things get better you can pick and choose.

As far as CHQ is concerned, out of all those contracts that they have, a couple won't be around for that much longer.(Not trying to start a flame war just want to see justice for Eagle) Hopefully the Eagle pilots will win thier lawsuit against AMR and American Connection will go away. And only those carriers who have signed on with the jets4jobs(not that I'm for it but it keeps us in the game) will continue to grow and be merged into one Express carrier for US Airways.

PSA is getting ready for somthing big. People are upgrading left and right and I belive new hire classes are scheduled through Dec. This situation is "rare" here, usually everyone is getting junnior manned, so keep you eyes open and good luck.

By the way, I haven't heard anything about Eagles fight lately. Any Eagle guys/gals have any updates?

This is me saying sorry I pretty much just repeated most of what 328dude previously wrote. Somtimes I read through these to fast.

Take Care and Good Luck where ever you go.

In your shoes there would be no question. Go with Chautauqua. Every company has it's problems but some have more than others.
CHQ is more diversified(4) in code share agreements. Granted US Airways is in Bankruptcy but the trend seems to be regional jets with their new CEO. CHQ management has been great about growing the company but could work on their employee relations. The firing of the 125 FO's will not be forgotten(All since have returned.) Many pilots are excited about the growth of the Orlando base. CHQ's fleet up Embraer jets are well maintained and fun to fly. Chautauqua's pilot group didn't cave on the JETS FOR JOB proposal that US Airways pilot group is selling. On that fact alone your decision should be clear. I understand that some pilot groups don't have a choice but CHQ's pilots did and rejected the proposal.
PSA has a hard working group of people who deserve the best. I hope they come out on top in all of there plans. Be carefull in your decision and read the JetsForJob proposal, it really is a dance with the devil. Look at the big picture of security, equipment, and bases, especially in todays environment. Good Luck.

I know this isn't part of this topic, but I heard recently that CHQ wanted to become ALPA at one time, and ALPA turned them down. Some on this board have mentioned that the teamsters failed the CHQ pilots in the past. Anyone know why ALPA turned them down or if this is actually true? Seems to me this might have been a mistake in ALPA's case since CHQ has grown very quickly. In addition ALPA won't be able to stop or slow this regional from acquiring larger aircraft that ALPA seems to be totally against. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be able to , just that ALPA missed their chance to do so.

ALPA will have that power as long as ALPA represents the major ailrines that CHQ codeshares with. It has nothing to do with who represents CHQ.

ALPA Comair didn't restrict RJs. ALPA Delta did.
ALPA American Eagle didn't restrict RJs. APA did.

The reason PSA is hiring so much is because we lose more people than we can hire, or so it seems. This company has been plauged with a shortage of pilots ever since I've been here. This month already most of our Captain's on reserve have been flying as First Officers. We hired tons of furloughed guys recently and most of them have left, which is leaving us in a bind. Yes, maybe we will hear some good news soon, but I'm optimistic. I would love to see jets here some day, but sometimes I don't think we deserve them. If we ever do get new airplanes I don't know how our management is going to try and handle staffing the new airplanes when we can't even staff correctly now.

And where did you get this info? Hmmmm, makes me wonder...

Are you aware of the staffing report error for August that threw us into Limbo? Didnt think so.

PSA:

1. First Wholely Owned (WO) to accept J4J. Ratified by the PSA ALPA MEC. (Albiet without pilot vote.) (PSA FA negotiations ongoing)

2. First WO to ratify "concessionary" TA via PSA ALPA MEC ratification. (again no pilot membership vote)

3. PSA public statement "PSA will lease old NCR training facility at Dayton Airport Inn(hotel). Second floor will be renovated for new training facility".(Dayton Daily News) PSA aquired former US DAY Res. facility for additional training/office space.(Inside Info)

4. PSA ALPA Negotiating Committee Chair appionted to Mid-Atlantic Negotiation Committee by ALPA President Duane Woerth. Woerth comments "Capt. Moon will represent the Express pilots at Mid-Atlantic".(ALPA)

5. PSA hires former Mainline Training person to write a Advanced Qualification Pilot (AQP) training program for PSA. This person was quoted " PSA offered me a deal I could'nt refuse". This person wrote the mainline AQP program for the B737.(Inside info)

6. PSA hired former management pilots that were fourloughed from mainline after Sept.11 and they have stated that they will stay with PSA because of managements statements to them that "RJ's are coming to PSA".(read: Training pilot Capt. pay and sched. at PSA or MDA FO pay and Sched.? these guys were junior at mainline.)

7. VP of Operations while on a PSA jumpseat said "We will get the ERJ. It will be equipped with dual FMS,GPS,ACARS and will get CAT II Certification. DAY will do the ground training and the sim. will be in the US PIT training facility".

8. PSA files a petition with the FAA and is approved, to change FAA oversite from CMH FSDO to the CVG FSDO because CVG FSDO has "more experience with RJ's". (read ComAir experience) Three CMH FSDO inspectors transfer to the CVG FSDO. Chief Maint. inspector is one of the transferes and is quoted "the Maint. problems at PSA will end when the new aircraft come on line"!(FED)

9. PSA will upgrade 24 FO's to Capt. by the end of Dec. 02. With projected new hire FO's to exceed 35 by years end. PSA operates 28 D328's with 2 spares. 170(+-) Capts. currently on the seniority list not including final upgrade numbers and 130(+-) fo's not including new hires. PSA will be way over staffed by the new year at 340 pilots (+-)?

10. PSA MEC and PSA Merger Committee Chair meet with Mid-Atlantic Negotiating Committee to discuss seniority integration.

11. Commander Munn states that Dave said "PSA can get own financing for RJ's?"

These are facts and not my opinions!

Now my opinions:

You would be best to stay with a wholy owned express carrier. At least at PSA you will be building seniority, that is if all things work out, which would in the long term get you to a mainline job. PSA has a flowthrow with the new MidAtlantic and on to Mainline. You won't get that at CHQ. Other posts on this website indicate that Northwest and Delta ALPA are exploring the seniority integration issue. This I believe is because of ALPA National preasure to show leadership and try to hold the pilot groups together? Bargaining power! Take this for what its worth?

O and by the way the PSA Dorknob initial training program is a worthless piece of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** and that should way however slightly in your decision!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back