• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chq Or Psa ?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im a crew member with CHQ and just happen to be sitting here in PIT with a Capt. from PSA and we are LOL at the multitude of sarcastic answers we can write and the best and most harmless we could come up with is : " Go become a Doctor"

Do you know what funny about that ?? Moast doctors will tell you to become a pilot ..........funny how that works

You're not kidding, Back.

My wife works in an ER and one of the doctors there keeps telling her he wished he'd become an airline pilot. He said he'd be making more money!!!

Go to PSA

My suggestion: go to PSA, get some time on the "dork" - the Dornier 328 TP (an awesome aircraft with unbelievable EFIS) and then transition to the CRJ or ERJ. That way you get some great EFIS experience from two types of advanced aircraft.

Only problem is the upgrade time may be awhile... I have heard great things about PSA's management, though. I don't know much about CHQ - I suppose flying an ERJ out of Orlando wouldn't be too bad either...

Good luck with your decision.

Lumber. Actually the upgrade time at PSA has dropped considerably. When I started two years ago, it was two and a half plus years for the left seat. I start upgrade next week and it will be two years plus 5 days. The upgrade at the end of Ocotber is filled with guys under two years.

I aslo heard that there is upgrade plans for Novemeber and December which has never been done before because of the holidays. Somethings up. Also, two new hires classes are scheduled for Novemeber and December as well. Again, this is a first.

PSA is a great bunch of people and so is CHQ, but I can tell you that CHQ pays much better than PSA and we are hiring straight into the RJ with only about 2 year upgrade. CHQ has 52 RJ's and will have 22 more within 12 months with 30 options. We also have 4 code shares in which you can participate in AA, AW, DL an USairways. Especially in CMH where you have all 4 at one base.. We are also getting a new RJ contract in which the Capt. is looking at approx. 60/hr. So from the economics and having the ability to participate in many codeshares it makes sense to look at CHQ. Our route structure is also great.. and from what I have observed and this is not to upset PSA personell but is seems that CHQ has a better corporate culture and relationship with managment. Just my opinion...

Hellas, nice post, however. Regarding your comment about relathionships with managment, that my be, but the guys and gals I talk to in PIT surely don't feel the same way about CHQ managment.

Also, how fare was it when they fired (not furloughed) guys after 9-11. (saab crews) The teamsters didnt seem to mind either from what I heard.

Maybe feelings toward your managment are diffrent in diffrent bases. I hope so.

Let me rephrase my response, PSA 's pilot and FA group are easy to get along with and well respected, I meant it from a story I was once told from a PSA Capt. who told me that if there was a problem with 328 and they told MX or Mgmt that they would bring it back to a MX base to do the company a favor or it may be minor at the time, that management would actually prick on the Capt. to the FAA(POI). When I heard this I could not believe my ears and he proceeded to tell me that this contempt is throughout managment for the pilot group. Now, our managment does have its sins what they did is criminal to a union, but the only poeple that should have been hung for the CHQ layoff was the union itself and the utter stupidity of the previous contract. In the probationay period of one year at CHQ a guy can be fired for ANYHTING, I mean ANYTHING at the leisure of the company. CHQ has hired all the layoffs back (out of seniority, mind you). But the act of good faith is there. We have a very solid union group now that seems to have a clear direction although most of the time we as a pilot group dont know what it is because of lack of communication i.e. newletter, email, any other..But we believe that one day the teamsters will discover phones, letters and maybe carrier pigeons..Oh yeah the in my monthly Temster magazine the "Meat carving truck drivers from HillBilly corp." got a 6 cent raise and a new shiny blue satin jacket that has their name on the front....

Yea, i did hear a story like that once. However, the POI found out on his own and he was a real jerk anyway. He's gone now since we moved from the CMH FSDO to the CVG fsdo and she actually likes us.

Weird aint it.

Glad to hear that your Managment had some good faith for the guys they sent packing.

Best of luck to you\

Latest resources

Back