• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chq Or Psa ?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHQ is hands down the better choice of the two. Upgrade time is reasonable, management-labor problems (Show me an airline without them), great crews, good wages, a decent contract, and a proven industry survivor.

PSA does have some great people working there, but they have had at least, if not more management-labor problems than CHQ. Also the flow through that PSA has does have a MAJOR flaw. You have to first go through the ranks at PSA to have an interview for an FO position at Mid-Atlantic, then you will get a shot at mainline. Last time I checked, the FO's (Read Furloughed US pilots) at Mid-Atlantic will be in those seats for a MINIMUM of 4 years or more. Remember the last furlough at mainline went on for 10 years.........

Let's not kid ourselves, for a senior PSA Captain to make it to mainline with the flow through he will be looking at almost 6 years!!!!! How long do you think a new hire at PSA would take? By the time you get to mainline, you could have already been flying at another major for 3 years or more.

Not a good deal by any stretch of the imagination. This is assuming of course the economy actually improves in the next year or so AND mainline decides not to downsize or shift anymore flying to the regionals.

:eek:

I am not really which choice that I would make in your place. However, I will tell you that I am happy here at PSA. It has been a little stressful lately with all that is going on, but I am optimistic that things will work out. The info above about the flow through is not correct. While the final details of seniority integration have not been finalized, there will be a 100% flow through to mid-atlantic from the WOs. You will not have to interview at mid-atlantic or mainline to have the job. You will also keep longevity when you flow up. So for example, I have been at PSA for 2 years. If it takes me another 5 years to flow up to mid-atlantic, then my first year there, i will be makin 7th year pay. It really is not that bad of a deal. And in reality, not many of our senior people will choose to flow up. If we get jets, then they will be making a very comfortable living here with good schedules. I dont believe that they would flow up for an extra 20 seats. So with an integrated seniority list, it is just a matter of time. You will have to sit at a WO for a while, and Mid atlantic for a while, and you will have a job at mainline one day if you are young enough. And even if you are not young enough to flow up, from what i hear the Mid atlantic pay will be tied to the top 3 regionals.

I am just trying to give you some information so you can make an informed decision. I think the best choice is the first that offers you a job...Either place will be whatever you make of it.

Latest resources

Back