Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyguy81,

whose has the "holier than thou "attitude now? get over it!!! stay at chq

not so much....I'll be the first to admit this place needs work. If Express had called me 4 months earlier than they did, I'd be there instead of here. Just tired of the random few in CLE/IAH giving dirty looks, the finger, whatever cause we "stole their flying". Sorry if the above came off wrong.

Comparing some routes that are flown today with CRJs on continental.com to the same routes in May or June turns up same # of flights for CHQ but with more EMB145s.

it's the fact that you went to chq and would've gone to xjt; but would never go to cal.

I would have gone almost anywhere from being a cfi. the amount of time at a regional commuting would be vastly different than the amount of time at a major commuting. Most people spend 5 years or less at a regional while depending on age, you may spend anywhere from 20-35 years at a major. Yes, I would have commuted to IAH or CLE for 5 years. No, I would not have done it for 35, and I have no intention of living in either place.

I also would have gone to skywest as they called me, so did mesaba, comair called, so did asa. They all called after I was done with sim at CHQ even though I sent resume's at the same time 8 months prior.

You can't fault me for taking the first job offered. I doubt you'd quit after finishing training to start training at another place. My choice ended up being a relatively good one for me.

I'm done debating....regionals are retarded.

maybe the CRJ on time and performance is crap, but as far as I'm told the ERJ is perfectly fine. All I know about the CRJ's are that they are a bunch of POS's. We wouldn't have them if your CEO would have given the planes back. While admirable in trying to prevent furloughs and keep morale up, the fact you are pulling planes to feed your charter ops kinda proves that that branded stuff most likely won't last long-term. Sucks for the pilot group, but you can't make money in a 50 seater with oil at 100/barrel.

I don't want to fly anything big for CO anyway. Not that I care cause I wouldn't go to CO ever anyway. Bases suck and I think not paying for insurance for 6 months while you make 30/hr is absolutely crap. Most of the express guys are great, but some of you need to get over the "holier than thou" attitudes. It was never your flying, it was a business decision. Get over it.

Or it could "prove" that using some of the branded aircraft for the increase in charter flying is just better business. When you can charge $30,000 a day and the customer covers all expenses (including fuel) why keep the planes doing scheduled service? It seems our CEO's plan was to keep the operations flexible so we could shift aircraft when needed, and that is how it's been working out (charter, branded, jetblue, frontier, covering coex flights for chq). Actually, I wouldn't say this proves anything... except that you probably don't know as much as you think about the situation...

Or it could "prove" that using some of the branded aircraft for the increase in charter flying is just better business. When you can charge $30,000 a day and the customer covers all expenses (including fuel) why keep the planes doing scheduled service? It seems our CEO's plan was to keep the operations flexible so we could shift aircraft when needed, and that is how it's been working out (charter, branded, jetblue, frontier, covering coex flights for chq). Actually, I wouldn't say this proves anything... except that you probably don't know as much as you think about the situation...

This guy seems like he has it down.

Don't know who that was for but.... Do you know who the number one express jet charter customer is? Bing bing bing CHQ. How much in fines are you guys paying to continental because you can't keep your end of the contract? Say what you want but i'm pretty sure you will never fly anything bigger for continental.

Thats pretty funny.... It remended mye of a funny story...

I was sitting at the crash pad with a bunch of other XJT buddies... most were on reserve... One of teh guys phones ring..... It was XJT scheduling... Conversation went like this:

FO: Hello
FO: Speaking
FO:Ok...so where am I going?
FO: What do you mean you don't know... why did you call me??
FO: Oh haha...ok I'll be there at 2:00 then... thanks.

Well by now everyone in the room is curious..... Turns out CHQ cancelled a few flights...they were still building the pairings as they called the crewmembers, hence why the scheduler didn't know where he was headed yet... He found out where before the conversation was over....... Man that was damn funny at the time...

V1

Latest resources

Back