• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chief pilot at Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English poet, painter, printmaker, and essayist William Blake said in Annotations to Sir Joshua Reynolds's Discourses, pp. xvii–xcviii (c. 1798–1809) "To Generalize is to be an Idiot. To Particularize is the Alone Distinction of Merit—General Knowledges are those Knowledges that Idiots possess."

True, but when you are trying to widdle a list of thousands of applicant down to a list of a couple hundred some generalizing is going to occur. Right or wrong, its the way life is.

There were days in the not so distant past that the airlines were doing the exact same thing as netjets, in principle of course.

Never heard anyone pissing and moaning about that one. When you are driving the car you get to decide where it goes.......right now Netjets is driving.

Would you say that Flight Attendants at Southwest don't understand customer service as well as Delta Flight Attendants because Southwest does not have assigned seats?

Would you say that Flight Attendants at Southwest don't understand customer service as well as Delta Flight Attendants because Southwest does not have assigned seats?

I would definetly say DAL flight attendants have a bad attitude, but that's got nothing to do with southwest. ;)

I would definetly say DAL flight attendants have a bad attitude, but that's got nothing to do with southwest. ;)
I guess the point I was trying to make is that Delta and Southwest offer a different service at a different price point. That does not necessarily reflect on the inherent goodness or badness of the people who work there.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that Delta and Southwest offer a different service at a different price point. That does not necessarily reflect on the inherent goodness or badness of the people who work there.

I know, I was trying to bring a little humor to the thread. Bad timing I guess.

Your point is very valid.

It isn't because of the assigned seats they don't understand customer service. Watch a flight attendant on any airline perform the most important part of their job, the safety announcement. On the PA, they hide behind the bulkhead. The ones who are doing the demonstration refuse to make eye contact or smile with any of the passengers. Sorry, but offering to put cream in my coffee doesn't really impress me.

On an RJ, with one FA, they are incapable of looking at a passenger while talking on the PA. They have to look in the galley, out the door, or at the bulkhead. People aren't scary! Use a little charm!!! The male flight attendants have even stopped wearing a tie all together in many cases!!!

Sorry, but to compare ANY airline to NetJets in the quality of their employees is laughable. We hire the best because our owners (passengers) demand the best.

Sorry, but to compare ANY airline to NetJets in the quality of their employees is laughable. We hire the best because our owners (passengers) demand the best.

That's funny.... the perception one has when you are making the industry leading money and have the big contract.

Before the downturn in the scheduled airline industry, nobody would even consider that statement as anything but laughable when compared to ANY legacy carrier.

Times have changed and are changing everyday.

When this financial mess catches up with NJ, (and it will) I wonder if you'll be making the same statements when the industry swings back in the other direction again after NJ begins to choke on the contract they got suckered into during the good times. Sound familiar?

The noise you hear is union history repeating itself.

That's funny.... the perception one has when you are making the industry leading money and have the big contract.

Before the downturn in the scheduled airline industry, nobody would even consider that statement as anything but laughable when compared to ANY legacy carrier.

Times have changed and are changing everyday.

When this financial mess catches up with NJ, (and it will) I wonder if you'll be making the same statements when the industry swings back in the other direction again after NJ begins to choke on the contract they got suckered into during the good times. Sound familiar?

The noise you hear is union history repeating itself.

Ok. I'll hire bad candidates then. Where's your application? You're hired. :nuts:

The contract has nothing to do with the standards NetJets has set for the applicants. They are high, and I'm glad they are. Like I said earlier, NetJets owners (passengers) are paying an incredible amount of money to fly with the best. My job is to see that is what they get.

I'm not going to start another debate with you about unions.

Ok. I'll hire bad candidates then. Where's your application? You're hired. :nuts:

The contract has nothing to do with the standards NetJets has set for the applicants. They are high, and I'm glad they are. Like I said earlier, NetJets owners (passengers) are paying an incredible amount of money to fly with the best. My job is to see that is what they get.

I'm not going to start another debate with you about unions.

That is exactly what it was like a decade ago at legacy carriers before the market changed. That was for ANY position at a legacy carrier, not just pilots. Do those standards hold true for all positions or just pilots?

It's amazing the changes that can happen in only a decade.

Latest resources

Back