Chicago area jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain4242

Wife and I are looking to move to Chicago-land.
Any good chater or corporate gigs worth sending a resume to?
Thanks in advance.

Preister, T-Bird Aviation, Camden Aviation & North American Jet are a few to look at.

Good luck.

Priester is not hiring unless you want to go to Hong Kong, T-Bird I would probably stay away from based on what I have heard from folks that have interviewed and worked there, I don't know much about Camden, but they recently were hiring Lear 60 pilots, North American Jet has had some recent ads for a LJ 35 Captain...but don't believe anything Ken Ross tells you, DB usually requires you to be typed and current in whatever aircraft they are looking for and I don't think they have any Lears, and your last choice could be SC Aviation. Although SC Aviation is in JVL and not Chicago, they seem to be a good company. They recently placed an ad for a Lear 35 Captain as they are in the process of acquiring one.

DB does have at least one lear. I've heard them on the radio. Also check out Scott aviation in DPA.

Well I stand corrected, their website does list a Lear 40. I don't know if that is a new addition or not. So I suppose if you have a Lear 40 series type, then go for it.

Scott Aviation is a definite stay away from. Actually I don't even think they are in business as Scott Aviation anymore. Their financial difficulties caused them to have to merge with Camden, T-Bird, or perhaps High Tails...I don't really remember. Either way, I think you would be wise to stay away.

There was somebody recently looking for a Hawker pilot out of RFD. If you are interested I could try to find that information out. I saw that within the last week or so. Let me know.

Another place to check out is Chicago Business Air Charters. Based out of lansing,IL (KIGQ), south of midway. They have citations and lears, but fly out of a 4000ft strip. Airport is in the process adding to the runway and a growing company.The D.O. is the easiest guy to work for and the people their are great. They had postings of climbto350. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Another place to check out is Chicago Business Air Charters. Based out of lansing,IL (KIGQ), south of midway. They have citations and lears, but fly out of a 4000ft strip. Airport is in the process adding to the runway and a growing company.The D.O. is the easiest guy to work for and the people their are great. They had postings of climbto350. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

:puke: Kyle use to be a really nice guy, but I think management has changed him a bit. I know somebody that interviewed at CBAC a few months ago. The interview was bogus and lasted about 15 minutes. I think it was something along the lines of tell us about your previous experience and brief xyz instrument approach. Anyway, if you don't have a type rating, then you go to school and you pay for the type rating. They get a good deal at Simuflite(might be one of the others) and they reimburse you month by month over the next year (not the interest on your money though). If they fold or fire you or your aircraft type goes away, then you are screwed. Oh, and they only pay for an SIC type.

They unfortunately lost an aircraft this past spring. It was a Baron and it was on a training flight. I still haven't heard what they think caused the crash. All I know is that I knew the guy who was doing the training. Rumor had it that CBAC was washing their hands of the incident. I would be surprised if lawsuits aren't filed. I wouldn't want to bet the $12K I spent on an SIC type on them winning a lawsuit. If they don't the place would probably close.

This is all allegedly by the way. I would hate for somebody to take legal action on myself.

Latest resources

Back