• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cherry Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know but it seems to be working. They fly the hell out of our 25's. Just hired a new class for them so you know they are making some money.

I worked at Cherry for a couple of years. It is a standard 135 cargo company. It is the only way I know to get 15 years of experience in 3 years.

FD

Cherry20 you have never worked anywhere before. In time you will see what a low class company cherry is.If they ask you to upgrade look for a better job there is plenty of them a lot safer than cherry. I haven't met anybody retarted from cherry except for the owners son. Why did you get so defensive, this won't be your last jet job its just a stepping stone.

Last edited:
I talked to couple of there pilots a few weeks ago and they are flying their arse's off.

Last edited:
I am not getting defensive, just clearing up some things for all of those who don't know anything, like you hammer. Cherry is safe and it is a great place to work. I know it is a stepping stone and so sorry I have respect for my job. We are flying a lot and making good money. I am going to upgrade here whenever there offer it and get my time and move on. Can't think of a better place to build quality time for the pay. I know I could work for a regional, but who wants to wait 5-6 years for upgrade and get paid less than what I make. There are better companies to work for but not in our 135 freight world right now. I'm sure your single engine flight instructing job is better?

I knew a guy who worked there for a short time. I believe he had 3 declared emergencies in 3 months.

Didn't cherry have a double flame out a couple years back with a dead stick landing.

I've also heard of pilots being fired for refusing to fly broken airplanes.

This was all a few years ago so hopefully things have changed.

Last edited:
Photoflight said:
I knew a guy who worked there for a short time. I believe he had 3 declared emergencies in 3 months.

Didn't cherry have a double flame out a couple years back with a dead stick landing.

I've also heard of pilots being fired for refusing to fly broken airplanes.

This was all a few years ago so hopefully things have changed.

We can and DO turn down trips. No one gets fired for it. Where do you guys come up with this crap? Guys have turned down trips due to all reasons including weather. Most of the events your referring to were many years ago. Like we've been saying, It's not what it used to be. If you haven't figured it out yet, when someone talks bad about a company, he/she has probably never worked there, or they were fired for something they did. But, they are to childish to admit they messed up (baseball comes to mind about now), so instead they go out and tell everyone how terrible of a place it was. For what it's worth, the general consensus among most of the pilots is that they'll stay until a move upward comes along. People aren't rushing out the door when they're contract is up.

Cherry20/propilot, you 2 have been drinking the D.O.s cherry koolaid. I said if you are young build your time, I didn't say working their makes you any less of anything. A lot of people including me have left on good terms and dont have anything good to say about the company. Cherry20 ask the dispatchers how much they make. What are you making 21k yearly plus 2 or 3 cents a mile. You said its standard 135 there lies the problem, pilots are treated like whores. K.D. and his dad make aviation suck, they set the standard. AW Jeez cherry20 I love the place too.

Latest resources

Back