• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cherry Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way2Broke- No flame dude but it doesnt look like you have ever worked at Cherry? I have talked with MANY of their crews and it seems like a good place to start a career. Do you have any info to why you encourage people to stay away?

bobs98tlr said:
Way2Broke- No flame dude but it doesnt look like you have ever worked at Cherry? I have talked with MANY of their crews and it seems like a good place to start a career. Do you have any info to why you encourage people to stay away?
\

i know people there that say there is serious mx issues. But they have upgraded in less than a year. I havent talked to them in a while so dont know whats going on right now. Just what i have heard.

Good luck on building your time. You have a way to go if you have 250 hours. It will go by quick.

bobs98tlr said:

Yeah, that place is the bottom of the bottom (tied with Grande Aire).There is better places with the same requirements. If you have to fly on demand freight ,,,go to Willow. Or if you wanna live in Tex,,,go to Ameristar.

Way2Broke said:
Don't Go To Cherry Air If You Value Your Life And/or Career

I think most of you don't have a clue about Cherry Air. I don't recall anyone being killed there, and as far as your career is concerned, no one is going to tell you to do anything you don't want to do. The DO and the new CP are upstanding guys. As far as the MX issue, it isn't any different than anyone else. About the only thing wrong with our planes most days is the MEL'd autopilot. We talk to all the other company pilots, and they dont seem to happy most days. Ameristar has too many pilots for the amount of flying they are doing, and USAJET is having their pilots take pay cuts. We are flying and making money...

we flew cargo for Cherry Air, AMF, when they got blown out, or couldnt meet the demand. that was over 2 months ago and still havent recived payment after two months, dont know about the pilots or schedual but the managment sucks. We No longer fly for Cherry Air

I worked there, it sucked but I got my time and got out. I wouldn't recommend anybody go there unless you are young with no family. The new cp is a good guy, the DO is ok but he is managments yes man and he will never have your back. dispatchers are paid comm. they will push you hard working out wx delays, mx delays, fx delays, and the old part 91 repo, to extend your day past 14 hrs, if they say the don't on this thread their lying but hey as a FO your getting 2 or 3 cents a mile. The airplanes are old and overworked so you will run into some kind of problem every rotation and we all know at 410 thats a blast, forgot they cant go above 280 now. Donaldson and the VP are 2 of the worst people to work for. my advise is go to a commuter its not that bad.

I'm with Propilot on this one. You all must not have any clue what Cherry Air is about. I have been at Cherry for a year now and will hopefully be upgrading soon. I love working for this company and have no big complaints. Of course your going to have long days and some WX delays, but that is 135 freight flying. This is the same at any freight company. Sometimes they will have a 91 leg that might put you over your 14 hours (usually never) but it is usually flying back to ADS on Friday night to be home for the weekend. Yeah, our new sched, kicks @ss. Home every weekend when nothing usually moves on the weekends anyway. Our airplanes are old just like everyone elses and sometimes have Mx issues. They are just little things like the autopilot MELed or one engine instrument MELed. Mx used to be bad years ago but has changed recently and isn't any worse than the rest our competitors, actually better than some of the Ameristar 20's I have seen that didn't even have an autopliot or GPS. Oh yeah, did I mention that we have never had a fatality. Training at Cherry is excellent and I think this has a lot to do with no injuries or fatalities in any of our airplanes. It is true that only 2 of our Lears are RVSMed and the rest of us stay at 280. This just means more flight time for me, what am I here for again? Everyone that talks bad about cherry probably got fired for being a retard or not doing there job safely or correctly. At least I make more than those commuter pilots and will upgrade much faster. Oh yeah, also make more than those poor USAJet guys. So make your own decision and look around at other post on this forum and see for yourself who is happier with their jobs.

I wish I knew what's up w/ cherry 20's. his attitude will change 180 degrees when he makes captain at cherry. it's all on the captain. Mx, dispatch, mgt won't help any at all, it's all on the crew's shoulders, better hope you don't screw up because cherry will fire you for doing them favors if you're caught (fly broke or over duty time) It's a good place to go build time and make captain if you choose, but choose carefully, if you plan on going to the majors from cherry you're going to be at cherry a long, long time. It's only a matter of time until something bad happens over there, oh yeah, training sucks!

Latest resources

Back