• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cherry Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanx EX, you're right. I kept picturing those airplanes in TOL in different states of repair? and the other name sounded familiar.

X

The CEO that replaced the one that died in the Hanza jet also passed away last week. Do not know if it was in an airplane or not. Hard times right now for Grand Aire

EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
no that was grand aire express in toledo. they also lost a hansa jet this past year in Missouri...lost a friend that i used to work with at another on-demand place. The owner also perished.

That's what I thought to, but this is the direct quote from there website. "Mr. Athar had served as CEO of Grand Aire and TriCoastal Air since December, 2004 following the death of Grand Aire co-founder Tahir Cheema."

[
QUOTE=T-Gates]I thought TC's wife took over the biz when he died.....[/QUOTE]

Any Cherry Pilots on this board want a friendly golf or softball tournament down in addison..guess ill ask the crew the next time i see them at the outer marker....c'yall later..enjoy the weekend. PM me if interested.

Cherry Air hasn't furloghed any pilots...don't know where ya heard that one. However, we did change our schedule last week. 5 on 2 off. Home every weekend. Doesn't get much better than that. Great group of guys to work with. Great DO and CP. Good place to be to build jet time with a reasonably quick upgrade. Just ran a new hire class a couple of weeks ago, and there is talk of another in June or July.

The left side of the aircraft has a nice feel to it..My logbook likes it as well. Did you take the 72 job or are you still at ACC?

propilot said:
Cherry Air hasn't furloghed any pilots...don't know where ya heard that one. However, we did change our schedule last week. 5 on 2 off. Home every weekend. Doesn't get much better than that. Great group of guys to work with. Great DO and CP. Good place to be to build jet time with a reasonably quick upgrade. Just ran a new hire class a couple of weeks ago, and there is talk of another in June or July.

"5 on 2 off. Home every weekend". Did you just get lucky or do all of the pilots have weekends off.

Everyone has weekends off. Not just the pilots... We are on a weekend duty rotation. For the Falcon side it works out to roughly every 6th weekend you'll have to stay on duty. Not sure about the Lear side. Probably more like every 4th or 5th. This is for the on-demand side. Both of the runs (1 Falcon and 1 Lear) have always had weekends off.

So if you are on stand by and get called out on sat. and sun. then you are potentially gone for 12 days straight. Is this right. How likely is it to get called out?

Latest resources

Back