• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to be the biggest retard I have seen on this board in almost a week. Take your generalizations about things you know NOTHING about and stick them you know where. "Oh, there were these 2 military guys who once...." Whatever.

Ok. What do you generally tip? Have you ever left less than 15%? How recently?

If you are using a coupon or receiving a discount, what amount do you tip on. Not what you're supposed to tip on, what do you tip on?

So you should be more upset with the fact that many Regional FO's take home less than an FA.. that's what should get your blood boiling.

On this one, again, we agree. F/A's at nearly every other regional make more their first year than our 1900 drivers do.

My thing is that, even young single women (and men) deserve to make a livable wage. Sure, they don't have the same emotional and financial commitments to this industry that we do, but they are on the same trips with us that can be up to 6 days long at my employer. Wouldn't it be nice if they could afford a place to live, car insurance payments. which are outrageous for people in their early 20's, AND manage to get something to eat from time to time? That's all I'm saying.

Take care and fly safe!

I agree altscap.. living wage is fine, but lets not get carried away with equating their commitment to the job with ours is what I was getting to. This would also apply to, gate agents, reservations agents, rampers, baggage handlers etc.. those are "jobs" that are not or at least were not originally intended to be careers.. the over unionizing of airlines has lead to them being made so, and this has cut into the piece of pie that we, the mechanics, and the managers of the airlines must get paid from, and to be honest, I think we 3 groups invest a lot more getting to where we are than the later.

I can't understand how some people can make 6 digits a year, but yet they can't afford to "live a normal life"? The most my wife and I ever made in one year was about 75K. We did all of the aforementioned things, and lived just fine. How is it that someone earning half again as much can't?

Simple. Gotta factor in all the alimonies!

Getting wealthy is one thing, staying that way is quite different altogether!:D

I always tip the driver, but more importantly I tip people who clean my room.

Always after a nights stay.

But especially if I am staying there for consecutive nights during training. Primarliy because I am sympathetic toward those who have to perform that job. I really am, and that's no BS.

Also because it's thankless, and I appreciate those that work hard in a thankless job.

And lastly because someone is spending lots of time near my toothbrush.

:laugh:

I always tip the driver, but more importantly I tip people who clean my room.

Great point. I wonder how many tip the hotel maid.

If we are a good "christian" society and we are supposed to care about people, then why is it we are in Iraq sticking our noses into another cultures' business when our "good christian" leaders can't seem to find a way to help out New Orleans? I'll tell ya - there's no money to be made by helping out those who had their homes destroyed and their lives ripped out from under them. Better to spend our resources on another Crusade than help our own people here at home, at least we'll get part of the revenue from all that oil, right!?!

We are using the word "christian" as a veil to cover up all the b.s. our so-called "leaders" are getting away with in order to horde more cash for themselves and their Haliburton friends. I wonder how much Cheney or good 'ol George tip.

It doesn't take a form of religion of any kind to make a person good or bad. But it sure seems that those with religious brainwashing are quick to point out other peoples faults but have trouble figuring out how to deal with there own.

My original post was about how cheap some pilots are. I am trying to connect the dots to see how this became an anti-US-Bush campaign.

Here's a question: should the amount of the tip be based on the price of the check, or on my own personal income?

No. Tip what is expected. That is like saying you should pay less for your cab ride, groceries, car, etc based on what your income is.

Worst guy I ever saw was caught on hotel security camera dumping a bowl of candy into his bag. When presented with the evidence by hotel manager, he stated "I take it home for my kids". No sign of embarrassment. He reheats airline dinners on his iron in the room, and replaces burned out light bulbs from home with ones from hotel.

Worst guy I ever saw was caught on hotel security camera dumping a bowl of candy into his bag. When presented with the evidence by hotel manager, he stated "I take it home for my kids". No sign of embarrassment. He reheats airline dinners on his iron in the room, and replaces burned out light bulbs from home with ones from hotel.

I heard of this guy during indoc with the Irons in the hotel rooms... but take note of the newhire you're with this trip .. he's pretty good competition for this guy. He brought a suitcase of Kimchi to Helsinki so he can save money over there. Nice guy, but scary cheap; then with the money we're paid during year one, I can't say I blame him.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back