Chautauqua ?s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheFlyGuy & Yankee301

I don't see there minimums on their web site. I think they are pretty standard(1200 or 1500TT/200 or 300multi). It will be very competitive. I think they are planning on a some hiring fall or spring with new Delta codeshare but still currently have a few furloughed.

IMHO, Chautauqua is the best regional in the industry to work for, and I am probably one of CHQ's more vocal critics. (I complain about things a lot...but I still *LOVE* this place, and that is saying something, coming from me.) The pilots are great and most of the F/As are as well. Both groups look out for one another and take care of each other.

Pay is being resolved in the contract.

Management doesn't *always* play fair, but I will more than tolerate that for the opportunity to work here with such great people. Also, Management is very aggressive which means only one thing: GROWTH. If a person wanted to get out of a regional ASAP then they need to go to one that is growing. (Personally, I think I could stay here and be happy forever...)

The EMB is a great airplane. The 140 flies better than the 145 IMHO and I have about 1200 hours between the two of them (about 800 in the 145). My main complaint is the SOB is LOUD. I wear ear plugs and DCs in the thing and my ears still ring when I finish a trip. YMMV.

I tend to agree with what the others above said for the most part, but all things being equal I would much prefer to be at CHQ than any other regional with the POSSIBLE exception of COMAIR/ASA.

STL schedules are by far the best (most commutable, fewest standups--they compile all the standups into one line so that a STL-based non-commuter can pick them all up, and there are plenty of people who like them and do them, so no worries about getting them--just don't bid them).

CHQ is a great place. A *GREAT* place. We have our problems, but so do all the others. Send your resume.

Last edited:
BTW, I will gladly give Coconut your address, just send it. He's a Captain for us in STL and one of the nicest people I've ever met. I'll put a note for him in his box, just send it my way.

Which we resolved as a pilot group. All the terminated pilots are to be recalled by September with BACK PAY.

So while you guys were treated unfairly, at least your family here fought to get you back (and make you somewhat whole).

As stated previously, management has definitely stepped on some toes, but that changes nothing in terms of how great it is to work with the pilots and flight attendants here. If management sucks, so be it, but at least the crews are family...

Well Said!!

....and then have your job offered to you only to be told that you can start over again as a newhire. Then to have your union rep tell you that there is nothing the union can do for you because of the side letter that was signed (reference IBT747.org under the CHQ section, it's pathetic).

Union Rep: "Can our terminated pilots have their original seniority back?"

Management: " NO!!" (sounds of laughter in Indy)

Union Rep: "Sounds great. Sorry for bothering you."

Later...

Union Rep: "Hey terminated pilots. We asked for your seniority, but they said 'no.' Sorry, we can't do anything more for you. Oh and if you do start over with us, your union dues have doubled."

Terminated pilot: "WTF were my union dues being used for? Oh wait, that's right. The local had to move it's headquarters from Indy to Houston. That must've been money well spent."

In case you can't tell, I don't care for management or the IBT. I do have to agree the CHQ would be awesome without those two entities.

Aceshigh
A Saab driver terminated, not furloughed, out of seniority

I thought that the recalled pilots were getting their seniority back. My son was one of the first to be recalled, and he is getting bumped back by the Saab pilots from PIT who had more seniority as they are being retrained in the 145.

Management was unfair in the case of the furloughees and that is one reason that the old MEC was vote out. Our new MEC will hang tough and I believe this will result in a fair resolution of this problem and probably the best contract in the industry.

I have found through years of experience at CHQ those who do constantly complaint are those who will not be happy anywhere.

Latest resources

Back