Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Hello... McFly...

ERJpusher said:
Alright, everyone grab a Q-tip and clean the wax out of your ears. I don't know about TSA, but Chautauqua is GETTING MORE JETS FOR AIRWAYS, nine more to be exact as announced by our CEO in last week's newsletter, dated May 16, 2003. I may not be a nuclear physicist, but I am smart enough to know that getting more jets mid summer is the exact opposite of losing jets by the end of the year.

I know everyone likes to spread rumors about what they speculate may happen or what they wish would happen, but maybe everyone's posts would be more respected if they were based on actual fact.

I'm sorry man, but there're not just rumors. They are based on fact from those "in the know". The cat was let out of the bag at a recent Q&A that was held here. Whether or not this person was to keep quiet about this info is not known and it would be too late to do anything about it now anyway.

I understand that your getting 9 more A/C, but that would'nt change a thing. Airways wants RJ's and right now until our deliveries the contract carriers are the ones flying them.

Remember it does'nt cost Airways Anything for your company to add planes. Think about, if you were in charge of CHQ and you knew you were going to lose the contract with Airways in say a couple of years. Would'nt you continue to add planes if Airways said they needed you to cover a little more flying. Of course you would, you would want to try to keep making money as long as you could. And by adding nine more planes gives CHQ nine more "fee for departure" aircraft that they can make money on.

I wish you the best, but things will change for the contract carriers in an "unspecified time".

Re: Re: The difference between CHQ and PSA

BTDII said:
Brother Francis,

And as far as I know, no one at PSA is playing games with the jumpseat. Your welcome aboard anytime.

Good Luck
BTDII

The pilots were/are not PSA pilots. The Captains denying jumpseats are from ALG.
We have list of their names.

ERJPusher: This is not a rumor. I wish I could release the info I have on here, but I can't because of "Sensitive Nature" of the document which I have recieved from Crystal City.

Like I said though, don't worry about it. It's not like you guys are going to be filing Chapter 7 or anything.

BTDII: Please find me sometime on line if you can.

"How do you like them apples"

Republic Airways Holdings Orders an Additional Twelve Embraer ERJ 145 Regional Jets
Monday May 19, 6:30 pm ET

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 19, 2003--Republic Airways Holdings Inc., the parent of Chautauqua Airlines and Republic Airlines announced today the order of an additional twelve Embraer ERJ 145LR aircraft. Delivery of the first four aircraft will begin in August, with delivery of the remaining eight, subject to Republic Airways Holdings finalizing financing to be completed by February 2004. Three of the aircraft will be placed into service with Chautauqua Airlines and nine aircraft will be placed into service with Republic Airlines. The order is valued at approximately $240 Million.
"The addition of twelve Embraer regional jets to the fleets of Republic Airways Holdings' subsidiaries will offer expanded opportunities with our partner US Airways," said Bryan Bedford Chairman, president and CEO of Republic Airways Holdings. "This order will allow us to further strengthen Republic Airways Holdings' position as an industry leader in delivering high quality, low cost regional jet lift to our major airline partners."

"Today's announcement reflects the continued strong market acceptance of Embraer's 50 seat regional jet. Our customers benefit from the excellent operating economics, reliability and unmatched flexibility, a combination that has led to the deserved popularity of the Embraer ERJ family. Republic Airways Holdings is a valued customer and through its subsidiaries is the third largest operator of Embraer aircraft worldwide," said Mauricio Botelho, President and CEO of Embraer.

Republic Airways Holdings, based in Indianapolis, Indiana is an airline holding company owned by investment funds organized and managed by Wexford Capital LLC, a Greenwich, Connecticut-based investment advisor. Republic currently owns two regional airline subsidiaries: Chautauqua Airlines, based in Indianapolis, Indiana and Republic Airlines, based in Louisville, Kentucky.

Chautauqua offers scheduled passenger service on approximately 430 flights daily to 56 cities in 26 states and Canada through code sharing agreements with three major U.S. airlines. The all-jet airline currently operates a fleet of 71 Embraer regional jets, including 47 ERJ-145s, 15 ERJ-140s and 9 ERJ-135's. All of its flights are operated under its major airline partner brand, such as AmericanConnection, Delta Connection or US Airways Express. The airline employs more than 1,600 aviation professionals.

Chautauqua Airlines is one of only two carriers worldwide that operate all three variants of the ERJ platform including the 135, 140 and 145. The ERJ 145 provides three-abreast, 31" pitch, leather seating designed to increase passenger comfort. Exceptionally designed interiors feature well-sized overhead bins and wardrobes, along with a roomy 71-cu.ft lavatory.

Republic Airlines is a new regional airline, which will operate up to 23 Embraer ERJ 145LR regional jets for US Airways under a fixed-fee code share agreement. Republic is anticipated to begin scheduled service in October, 2003.

More information on Republic Airways Holdings can be found at the company's website at www.rjet.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republic Airways Holdings Inc.
Warren R. Wilkinson, 317/710-4323

Three of the aircraft will be placed into service with Chautauqua Airlines and nine aircraft will be placed into service with Republic Airlines.
Republic Airlines is a new regional airline, which will operate up to 23 Embraer ERJ 145LR regional jets for US Airways under a fixed-fee code share agreement. Republic is anticipated to begin scheduled service in October, 2003.

If you read the posts above, I never mentioned Rupublic.

Just CHQ, not Republic and TSA. If you dont fly for Republic, and fly for CHQ, you won't be flying USAir colors by fourth quarter according to my summary sheet here. Rupublic will start service with these new airplanes in October 2003.

Hmmm, how bout them apples?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back