• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist the whole continental and united deal...lol...just kidding..

B

BDIII. It's to early to start panic around CHQ and TSA. Crystal City did not want this leaked but since it is out, it is true.

However, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be awhile before you hear anything about this.

The difference between CHQ and PSA

250 to the marker 180 to 500'!

I dunno what your POH says about stabilized approaches, but that would be illegal for us.

Do you do this in order to meet your schedule? I fail to see where the 30 seconds or so you might save would make a difference.

It is possible to hold 250 to 5 miles and have it stabilized by 500' (per POH) but personally I prefer not to unnecessarily abuse the pax. I am not victimized by the testosterone induced "need for speed" Lance Crossfire, ace of base thing that you will hopefully outgrow someday.

As far as the loss of U flying, we'll deal with that if/when it occurs and we will not cry "FOUL" and blame you for it. I hear you taking your deep breath to begin your crowing at the misfortune (?) of others and sense your quivering expectation of the satisfaction you will gain by doing so. Maybe you'll outgrow that someday, too. We, on the other hand, are pleased for you that you will finally be getting the jets you should have had years ago and do not tie the issues it may create at CHQ to the fact you are deserving of this. We're happy for you and as I said, we'll deal with the fallout.

Nor will we deny you jumpseats as it has been rumored has been happening to our guys at the hands of WO pilots. We do not wield the jumpseat as a personal or political weapon.

BTW, if I am to be denied the pleasure of enjoying the fine service at PHL I will probably drink Drano in my despair.

All the best to you and all of your colleagues at the WO carriers; sincerely. It's been a long time coming.

Last edited:
328dude said:
BDIII. It's to early to start panic around CHQ and TSA. Crystal City did not want this leaked but since it is out, it is true.

However, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be awhile before you hear anything about this.

I was'nt trying to start panic, but this news was just too good to keep inside. Besides if they did'nt want it leaked out it should'nt have been answered in a certain forum that took place last week.

I know it'll be awhile before anything happens, but with this new "glimmer" of hope that all of U's flying will, in the future, be done by with group pilots you can't help but to start feeling a little better about our situation.

Re: The difference between CHQ and PSA

Brother Francis said:
I dunno what your POH says about stabilized approaches, but that would be illegal for us.

Do you do this in order to meet your schedule? I fail to see where the 30 seconds or so you might save would make a difference.

It is possible to hold 250 to 5 miles and have it stabilized by 500' (per POH) but personally I prefer not to unnecessarily abuse the pax. I am not victimized by the testosterone induced "need for speed" Lance Crossfire, ace of base thing that you will hopefully outgrow someday.

As far as the loss of U flying, we'll deal with that if/when it occurs and we will not cry "FOUL" and blame you for it. I hear you taking your deep breath to begin your crowing at the misfortune (?) of others and sense your quivering expectation of the satisfaction you will gain by doing so. Maybe you'll outgrow that someday, too. We, on the other hand, are pleased for you that you will finally be getting the jets you should have had years ago and do not tie the issues it may create at CHQ to the fact you are deserving of this. We're happy for you and as I said, we'll deal with the fallout.

Nor will we deny you jumpseats as it has been rumored has been happening to our guys at the hands of WO pilots. We do not wield the jumpseat as a personal or political weapon.

BTW, if I am to be denied the pleasure of enjoying the fine service at PHL I will probably drink Drano in my despair.

All the best to you and all of your colleagues at the WO carriers; sincerely. It's been a long time coming.

Brother Francis,

What are you getting all bent of shape for. It was a joke in reply to someone else kidding around. But yes it is in our FSM (High Speed Visual Approach) but its not really 250 to the marker. Thats just what the plane is capable of. We have to slow to 180 before decent and be configured before crossing the outer marker.(This approach is backed up by the ILS) We can maintain 180kias to 500' because we never use full flaps at PSA. Flaps 32 is only for emergency. As long as we are stabilized by 500' and @ 50' be @ ref, its legal. There is no need for speed here. 1. Its designed to be able to flow easily with the jet traffic and avoid being number 25 to most places. But ATC choices most of the time to not take advantage of this planes abilities.

With regard to the loss of U flying that has "not been anounced" yet. I was not throwing it in anybodys face, just pointing out what is going to happen.

I will not be happy that pilots at other companys may lose work, rather just happy at the hope of keeping flying within the US Airways Group Pilot ranks. And as far as I know, no one at PSA is playing games with the jumpseat. Your welcome aboard anytime.

Good Luck
BTDII

You say that nothing will be anounced for a while. What's the time frame? Also, what's your best guess on the unlucky two airlines? My guess is TSA and CHQ. I'd appreciate any info for planning purposes. The sky is already falling over here and it would be nice to know when to get serious about resumes. It's only right that this flying goes back to you, but it will affect a lot of guys here. That's not your fault though.

If this info is too sensitive to post, you can PM me.

Thanks and good luck.

The two companies, are CHQ and TSA.

Time frame? By the end of the fourth quarter.

This does not mean you will be out of a job. Both CHQ and TSA are very resourceful in regards to marketing strategy. I would not worry about it.

However said that the three WO's are using the jumpseat as a political weapon, I'd like to know who these guys were and when.
Your welcome in my jumpseat anytime and thank you for letting me use yours.

Hello... McFly...

Alright, everyone grab a Q-tip and clean the wax out of your ears. I don't know about TSA, but Chautauqua is GETTING MORE JETS FOR AIRWAYS, nine more to be exact as announced by our CEO in last week's newsletter, dated May 16, 2003. I may not be a nuclear physicist, but I am smart enough to know that getting more jets mid summer is the exact opposite of losing jets by the end of the year.

I know everyone likes to spread rumors about what they speculate may happen or what they wish would happen, but maybe everyone's posts would be more respected if they were based on actual fact.

Latest resources

Back