Chautauqua question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go Figuare said:
Decreased hiring? Probably because CHQ and Trans-States will no longer be flying USAir colors by the end of the year.

Quite the contrary. It sounds like they will be flying more. CHQ will be flying 35 up from 26 now, and Republic is slated for 23.

Just because US Airways ordered all those new RJ's doesn't mean they are getting rid of the ones they have.

Last edited:
when did CHQ start flying under Continental colors? IF the are, where are they flying out of and how much flying are they doing?

void said:
Quite the contrary. It sounds like they will be flying more. CHQ will be flying 35 up from 26 now, and Republic is slated for 23.

Just because US Airways ordered all those new RJ's doesn't mean they are getting rid of the ones they have.

Just FYI. It has been "unofficialy announced" this past week that two contract carriers have been given notice of termination of flying. The time frame was not mentioned as well as the names of the two contract carriers in question.

This comes from a very reliable source that I don't think should be revealed. But you can take it for what its worth until it happens.

"Some kids aren't like the others, some kids are doin' there own things.... and some kids say the dumbist crapola"

Cal, Ual.... Uhhhhhaaaa NO.

and Chit Taco leaving U, well never say never in this bizz but I wouldn't bet on it. But funny you guys should say that as this past week I chatted w/ one of our chief pilots and he in so words indicated Chit Taco leaving the U system, i.e taking their jets and going to Delta, I still wouldn't put any weight too it.

Last edited:
BTDII said:
Just FYI. It has been "unofficialy announced" this past week that two contract carriers have been given notice of termination of flying. The time frame was not mentioned as well as the names of the two contract carriers in question.

This comes from a very reliable source that I don't think should be revealed. But you can take it for what its worth until it happens.

Air Midwest, Chautauqua, Colgan, Mesa, Midway, Shuttle America, Trans States are all currently contract carriers for Us Airways.

If your information is right then pick any two.

With all these new jets, maybe they want to get rid of some turbo-props.

I also heard that TSA is getting more aircraft for there American Connection operation but they aren't getting anymore Eagle aircraft. Could they be transferring aircraft from U to AA?

It's all speculation.

Now I remeber why I can only tolerate surfing the airline rumor mill once and a great while. You guys are killing me. If USair was so hot to get rid of CHQ why did CHQ just open two new domiciles for USair (BUF and GSO)???? Anybody got a good reason there????

Also, on a loosely related note, it is nice to see that you PSA guys finally got some decent equipment so the rest of us do not have to constantly fly over, around and behind you.

It is highly unlikely that we will be losing our Airways jets. It was only about two months ago that they reaffirmed their contract with us to continue operating. Our CEO came out this week that CHQ would be increasing the Airways operation from 26 to 35 jets.

A United contract could definitely be a reality, but Continental would have to go bankrupt and have its contracts voided before we could start serving them. CoEx has a contract with CAL that they will be the only regional jet service through 2006.

As for the slowdown in hiring is concerned, we are plenty staffed at this time for the aircraft we have. Delta has options for 30 more aircraft which, if exercised, will create a need for many more pilots in the future. Delta passed on its first 5 options, due to the acquisition of the 12 America West jets in Columbus. Rumor has it that they will not exercise any of the remaining options with CHQ until the new pilot contract has been signed, as to avert another Comair situation.

Fly safe, everyone:D

brewmster said:
Now I remeber why I can only tolerate surfing the airline rumor mill once and a great while. You guys are killing me. If USair was so hot to get rid of CHQ why did CHQ just open two new domiciles for USair (BUF and GSO)???? Anybody got a good reason there????

Also, on a loosely related note, it is nice to see that you PSA guys finally got some decent equipment so the rest of us do not have to constantly fly over, around and behind you.

1. Don't think for a moment that because a base opens up that it can't be closed in a heartbeat. The cost to open and close a domicile is negligable and not a burden of US Airways. Those stations are not run by CHQ so the only cost CHQ would incur, depending on your pilot contract, is moving expenses for your crews. Which probably is alot better than having to pay hotel and per diem for your overnight crews. Having a base in a city that is a freq. overnight cuts costs.

2. No matter what you hear, contracting is not saving Airways any money nor does it make Airways any money.

3. Take a look at the recent RJ order and options and then take a look at the U scope clause. Contracting will end. It will take time, but it will end.

For the lighter note, why do you guys turn into a Navajo 10 miles from the airport. 250 to the marker 180 to 500'! Keep it up will ya!:D

Latest resources

Back