Chautauqua Continental Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hbrow15 said:
Actually I think this is working out like CAL intended, it's a nice coincidence that a few weeks after we announced that we were keeping the airplanes CAL announced that they ordered 24 more 737's

Exactly. There are many cities in the CAL system that are only Express that could use a 737. I think that's their intention. More growth at mainline carriers, what a concept. I may not get to fly the Guppy Killer (170), but I also may not be stuck with Express on the side of my aircraft for the rest of my career.

I know a few guys that were recently hired at XJT. Hope they can find some use for those planes. Does anyone know how soon CA needs to come up with a plan to fill that flying? I keep hearing Sept is when the deal goes into effect.

SBD said:
I know a few guys that were recently hired at XJT. Hope they can find some use for those planes. Does anyone know how soon CA needs to come up with a plan to fill that flying? I keep hearing Sept is when the deal goes into effect.

I believe the plan to fill that flying is coming from Seattle. That, and an increase in block hours and utilization of our current fleet. The fleet is pretty under-utilized right now. I'm sure the remaining 204, plus some Boeings, could fill the need. Sorry 'bout your upgrade.

man you guys are all right in every respect...i mean the only reason I signed on to work at "ChickenTaco"..is so i could be one of the low ballers in the industry....ya know some of you dont realize it...but every CHQ pilot in America takes theyre turn and has a personal meeting with management and tries to decide how we can undercut the rest of you out there...and simply try and make your lives as miserable as possible....thats our job thats what we do..oh and as far as the contract yeah its terrible by far the worst one in the industry right now....note sarcasm....TURN YOUR HEAD AND COUGH.....this is not brain surgery fellas...management makes decisions like this not the pilot group...none of us at CHQ thought we were gonna get the CAL flying....as a matter of fact about 70 percent of us didnt even know we were bidding on it until they made the announcment that we had gotten it.....I can GARAUNTEE you that the overall product at CHQ is not the cheapest out there....TSA, Mesa, etc...are far more economical by the hour...its about the overall product. XJT is an excellent product overall...I give you guys props.....you need to step back and look at the big picture here....take a look at the pay scales compared to the rest of the competition and then bitch and moan..FLAME AWAY........

snap145 said:
man you guys are all right in every respect...i mean the only reason I signed on to work at "ChickenTaco"..is so i could be one of the low ballers in the industry....ya know some of you dont realize it...but every CHQ pilot in America takes theyre turn and has a personal meeting with management and tries to decide how we can undercut the rest of you out there...and simply try and make your lives as miserable as possible....thats our job thats what we do..oh and as far as the contract yeah its terrible by far the worst one in the industry right now....note sarcasm....TURN YOUR HEAD AND COUGH.....this is not brain surgery fellas...management makes decisions like this not the pilot group...none of us at CHQ thought we were gonna get the CAL flying....as a matter of fact about 70 percent of us didnt even know we were bidding on it until they made the announcment that we had gotten it.....I can GARAUNTEE you that the overall product at CHQ is not the cheapest out there....TSA, Mesa, etc...are far more economical by the hour...its about the overall product. XJT is an excellent product overall...I give you guys props.....you need to step back and look at the big picture here....take a look at the pay scales compared to the rest of the competition and then bitch and moan..FLAME AWAY........

Its not just payscales, its everything in a contract! And YOUR pilots voted for it.

Whiskerbizkit said:
Its not just payscales, its everything in a contract! And YOUR pilots voted for it.

in 2003, when it was a HUGE improvement over the last contract AND got us SCOPE. jesus, it isn't that difficult. are you all that stupid?!?!

SYX328 said:
The ATR's that are at ASA are gonna do the Prop flying for CO now.

When was that released? I check my Daily News Updates from CO, didn't see anything about it.

wow, have you seen where chaniqua stays for hotels, the motels they stay at also have hourly rates, which cum with with stiff sheets.

paddlehigh said:
wow, have you seen where chaniqua stays for hotels, the motels they stay at also have hourly rates, which cum with with stiff sheets.

now that's some funny sh_t right there

Latest resources

Back