Chautauqua Continental Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheeeese

So what's up, are you Chautauqua peeps going to do continental flying or what? It seemed to die down after express jet decided to keep the planes.
I also heard that whoever does it would have to renegotiate prices since the original agreements were based on express jet's planes...since those aren't available.....maybe expressjet will get to keep the flying after all.

just wondering if anybody knew what was going on...

It seems CAL is still trying to figure out whats going on as well. Block hrs for XJT keep going up and up and they're going to lose 1/4 of their regional feed come next spring.

cheeeese said:
So what's up, are you Chautauqua peeps going to do continental flying or what? It seemed to die down after express jet decided to keep the planes.
I also heard that whoever does it would have to renegotiate prices since the original agreements were based on express jet's planes...since those aren't available.....maybe expressjet will get to keep the flying after all.

just wondering if anybody knew what was going on...

The deal was contingent upon XJT returning the aircraft. If CAL wishes to have another carrier fly feed for them, they will have to put out an new RFP (since the rates will be different).

IMHO, CAL wanted to reduce the RJ capacity and replace some of the routes with 737s. They wanted to have another carrier lined up so they didn't get caught with their pants down, if we returned the aircraft. We didn't so I doubt we'll see more RJs for CAL.

Bad thing is if XJ can get a contract to carry for anyone else it has to be at the rate they give to Continental, which isn't competitive. If they bid to carry lower than their rate they have at Continental, that becomes the defacto rate they fly at for the rest of their flying contract. It sucks when Continental is leasing the aircraft.

I'd be saving every penny if I worked at XJ.

CFIT said:
Bad thing is if XJ can get a contract to carry for anyone else it has to be at the rate they give to Continental, which isn't competitive. If they bid to carry lower than their rate they have at Continental, that becomes the defacto rate they fly at for the rest of their flying contract. It sucks when Continental is leasing the aircraft.

I'd be saving every penny if I worked at XJ.

Ahh nice try......incorrect on a few counts here. If we (XJT) negotiate a contract with XYZ at rates lower than we currently charge CAL then THEY get the lower rate also. You had that backwards. We can bid and sign with any other carier at whatever rate we choose. If its lower than current CAL benefits. Thats all. Adios

XJT is a class act. Were not a Chickentaco that kisses ass to get someone elses flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATRCA said:
Ahh nice try......incorrect on a few counts here. If we (XJT) negotiate a contract with XYZ at rates lower than we currently charge CAL then THEY get the lower rate also. You had that backwards. We can bid and sign with any other carier at whatever rate we choose. If its lower than current CAL benefits. Thats all. Adios

One more thing about the "most favored nation" Clause of the Capacity Purchase Agreement. It has to be for for more than 10 aircraft. AND it has to be for a MAJOR airline.

I thought Island Air was gonna fly this with Q400s?

Latest resources

Back