• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua Continental Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still laugh when I see you pathetic regional pilots bickering about whose airline is better. It is like trying to decide which dog sh!t smells the best. In the end, they are all sh!t.

This is the best post on this thread. This stuff goes in cycles. Mesa and Blowjet are the whores now, but when they get a decent contract in a few years somebody else will come in and undercut them, and will be the new "whores". All of the regionals are the same crappy deal, and just because you have a great contract now, does not mean you'll have one in the future. The enemy is management, and until pilots learn to work together across company lines to beat them, the Ornsteins and Bedfords of the world will continue to play pilots against each other, and laugh their butts of as they line their pockets with more $$$$ while watching pilots stab each other in the back for pennies.

I can remember when Co Ex guys were referred to as whores during their PFT days.......

Easy there big Dave, I am actually happy to get my weekday off, rolled to a weekend day off and still get 150% pay for flying with the same number of days off this month. Besides, since my wife is off weekends, its a bonus no matter how you look at it.
Whats good for some, might not be for others, but I understand the idea behind your post.

biggerguy said:
You know General, I see that you've set your goals incredibly high (Mr. JetBlue candidate), but don't get so ruffled. Some of us are finding it entertaining to occassionaly post a little bait here and there, and like to sit back and watch the action. Its all about having a little fun.
If you're actually fortunate enough to get your dream job there, you can relish the thought that you too, will be grossly underpaid.
Now, Let me get back to some chicken taco bashing..........

I guess you didn't get the joke in my avatar.

Indy319FA said:
This is the best post on this thread. This stuff goes in cycles. Mesa and Blowjet are the whores now, but when they get a decent contract in a few years somebody else will come in and undercut them, and will be the new "whores". All of the regionals are the same crappy deal, and just because you have a great contract now, does not mean you'll have one in the future. The enemy is management, and until pilots learn to work together across company lines to beat them, the Ornsteins and Bedfords of the world will continue to play pilots against each other, and laugh their butts of as they line their pockets with more $$$$ while watching pilots stab each other in the back for pennies.

I can remember when Co Ex guys were referred to as whores during their PFT days.......

Outstanding post!

Nah, the regionals aren't all so crappy to everyone....I actually like my job at Expressjet (and no I'm not a 1st year newhire), which I believe is why I and so many others annoyed w/ the whole Chautauqa fiasco. If I didn't like my job I wouldn't care wether I was going to be furloughed or not, in fact I'd quit.

The same crowd comes out on every thread and says "YOU'RE ALL RETARDED YOU REGIONAL LOSERS". Then everyone pats him on the back like it's some kind of earth shattering revelation. WELCOME TO THE YEAR 1990! Get bent, we know what our jobs are like, we're just trying to maintain and/or improve the quality of life we do have.

I don't blame Chautauqa pilots in anyway for this...in fact I had a friendly conversation with a CHQ pilot I was jumpseating with in the back of a CAL 73 today. I knew he was probably drooling over the prospect of an IAH base, but I can't blame the guy a bit. I'd take their Delta and USAir flying in an instant if we could get it.

biggerguy said:
Hey Bueller,
I actually had to drive a "short bus" (37ppl)today. But, at least I got paid $62.00 /hour for doing it! (actually it was $93/hr, rolled day off, you know)
Thanks XJT!

Oh yeah, what do you guys get for flying 70 peeps?

I wouldn't know I don't fly for CHQ, also thanks for rising to the retard bait.

biggerguy said:
By the way dumbass, remember this from Dec. '03

Regional Growth
Which regionals will experience the most growth over the next 3 years? In other words if you wanted to fly somewhere where you could upgrade in 3 years instead of 5, where would you go?

Best Growth:
Mesa
Chautauqua
TSA
Pinnacle

Stagnant:
Comair
ASA

Anyone care to add any others?

I wonder why you might have posted that back then, Mr General!
Top of your list back then was pretty bad too.

If TSA is even around in 3 years I'll be somewhat surprised. I'll be shocked if it does anything beyond the American Connection flying. I'd say replace TSA with GJ, possibly replace Pinnacle with Compass, and maybe add Skywest to the growth list.

The hotel comment is great...

Management from both sides reads this stuff and somewhere, in a headquarters near you, evil, diabolical laughter is heard.

I couldn't let the hotel comment go though. Yes - we stay in ...what was that again? "Places with hourly rates and stiffened sheets?"

Where do you guys stay while you're in training for XJT? Oh...yeah. The same place that CHQ stays. And, the same place that CAL mainline stays too. Imagine that.

Moron.

Keep it coming. I'd be surprised if I didn't see a lot of this absolutely useless banter in our next round of contract negotiations.

-brew3

Latest resources

Back