• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua Continental Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought they put the RFP back out. ASA management is running around saying that we're back in the game.

John Pennekamp said:
I thought they put the RFP back out. ASA management is running around saying that we're back in the game.

With your labor problems, I don't think so.

CFIT said:
Bad thing is if XJ can get a contract to carry for anyone else it has to be at the rate they give to Continental, which isn't competitive. If they bid to carry lower than their rate they have at Continental, that becomes the defacto rate they fly at for the rest of their flying contract. It sucks when Continental is leasing the aircraft.

I'd be saving every penny if I worked at XJ.

Then its a good thing I fly for XJT and not XJ!!!!!!!!!!! ( not that there's anything wrong with XJ)

MELIT said:

Why let a little problem like that stop ASA management? It's never stopped them before.

MELIT said:
I would characterize it as a management problem.

Unlike and in spite of them, labor seems to be doing a dang good job of keeping the airline running.

CFIT said:
Bad thing is if XJ can get a contract to carry for anyone else it has to be at the rate they give to Continental, which isn't competitive. If they bid to carry lower than their rate they have at Continental, that becomes the defacto rate they fly at for the rest of their flying contract. It sucks when Continental is leasing the aircraft.

I'd be saving every penny if I worked at XJ.

I understand Mesaba (XJ) has some rough waters ahead (I'm pulling for you guys, btw), but I wasn't even aware they bid on the CAL flying. Best of luck Mesaba guys.

dnkt said:
XJT is a class act. Were not a Chickentaco that kisses ass to get someone elses flying.

Uh-huh,just wait until payments on 69 airplanes come due.You may eat those words.

As Carlos Mencia would say...."De De Dee"...you freakin Tard. You've probably never even looked at RP/RW/S5's pay scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think this is working out like CAL intended, it's a nice coincidence that a few weeks after we announced that we were keeping the airplanes CAL announced that they ordered 24 more 737's

Latest resources

Back