• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change is in the air at XOJET...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say yes their in trouble. Recently a xo customer told me that xo was charging hourly rates so low because they needed cash and said there was no way they could keep doing it and stay in business.

Maybe DAC is waiting like a vulture to pick up what's leftover from them. I think Pete Liegl would be a fool to try to acquire them.

I spoke with a Gee Wiz operator out of SNA last week that was practically foaming at the mouth he was so upset over XOJET's pricing.

The anecdotal evidence of where money is being spent says no we're not in trouble. Paychecks arrive on time and don't bounce. Vendors are paid on time and in full. Fleet wide upgrade to Gogo Text & Talk in progress. Initial new hire type ratings and transition training type ratings all in progress. Almost 100% increase in daily OT rate effective Nov 2013. Pay raises for pilots effective Jan 1. Pilot attrition has been incredible and they are finally admitting it's a problem and the purse strings are starting to loosen up.

With all that being said, I'm just a pilot and nowhere near the circle of trust. Just an observers opinion. Looking for strategic opportunities to expand? Yes. As in the GMJ/intel shuttle contract that we now operate.

How is old "Brad the intern" doing? Still "scrappy"?

I'd say that the most accurate assessment would be no one who posts here has any idea of what will happen at XOJET over even the next year. Less than a year ago 5-10% of the pilot group was let go, many more from the offices. Now the the sim can barely handle new hires. One amusing tidbit I've garnered from the Silicon Valley types very familiar with one of XOJETs founder - is that a corporate board only puts a man like Brad in charge so the board can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Best of luck!

How is old "Brad the intern" doing? Still "scrappy"?

I'd say that the most accurate assessment would be no one who posts here has any idea of what will happen at XOJET over even the next year. Less than a year ago 5-10% of the pilot group was let go, many more from the offices. Now the the sim can barely handle new hires. One amusing tidbit I've garnered from the Silicon Valley types very familiar with one of XOJETs founder - is that a corporate board only puts a man like Brad in charge so the board can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Best of luck!

I'd agree that I really have no idea. Just going by what we've seen. But past performance is no indicator of future returns, right?

I would say yes their in trouble. Recently a xo customer told me that xo was charging hourly rates so low because they needed cash and said there was no way they could keep doing it and stay in business.

Well, there you have it. Did you ask him how much fuel to load too since he is a customer and therefore obviously qualified to make such determinations?

It's no secret around here (Flexjet) that Ricci wants their 300's. Even the top dog here admits that.

Everything is for sale. The question is, how much does Ricci "want" them. I'm guessing not NEARLY enough to make it happen.

I understand the denial. I saw it with the RTA group and Flex as well.

And, I understand know-it-all types who don't have a fraction of the information required to form a rational opinion. I read FI, so I see it all the time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back