• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cfi....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In addition to have having the knowledge, come up with as many different ways of explaining/teaching concepts and maneuvers as you can think of. Your way of first understanding something will not always work with student, but another method (even one you find less desirable) will probably work as long as it gets the concept accross.

Also think of scenario based questions and how you would answer them. For example, a student constantly tries to land the airplane in a crab, how would you correct this? Hint: A short lesson about visual cues and how the human eye works.

Good luck.

Lesson planning it is; I feel confident that it is the best way to go about getting ready for the oral...on the other hand, FOI sucks a$$....dang does it suck. I think a month is plenty of time to get this all together, considering I got my private a year ago to date I really feel all the material is still current.

LP's, this is the one checkride you can go into with the "cheat sheet" in hand... and read and be able to teach the FI PTS book, each area is typed out to what the examiner will and can choose...Good Luck

Ugghhh... shortboarders....

Almerick07 said:
I think a month is plenty of time to get this all together, considering I got my private a year ago to date I really feel all the material is still current.

Uh huh. Are you saying this before or after you've tried to fly to Commercial PTS from the right seat? And speaking of lesson plans, how are those going?

Seriously, I don't see what the big rush is. Say you did actually get it done in a month vs. three (which is how long it took for me.) That's two months earlier that you can start instructing, which means that's two months earlier that you can take a pay cut to commute to sit reserve. Yay.

My point is that I think that you are doing yourself a disservice by rushing the CFI. It is a difficult rating to obtain, and it will stretch you in ways that you have not even considered and cannot be planned for. Allow yourself the time, whether that be two months or six, to get it down and be prepared for real students. The LAST thing that you want to do is get your ego all tied up in the obtaining of some rating. It takes you how long it takes. It ain't a race.

-Goose

hey thanks guys for the links, ill be using them....on the other hand I am a student who has one year left of school, If I have any chance of building enough hours by the time I graduate I CAN NOT wait 2 more months (and get hired in Jan.) I was asking for resources to help me obtain a rating....And when I graduate I have differnet plans than sitting reserve for an airline.

But seriously those links are awesome

Almerick07 said:
...I am a student who has one year left of school, If I have any chance of building enough hours by the time I graduate I CAN NOT wait 2 more months (and get hired in Jan.)....And when I graduate I have differnet plans than sitting reserve for an airline.

Enough hours for what, if you aren't sittin' reserve? Seriously, dude, your CFI is gonna take however long it takes, whether it fits your timetable or not. Don't believe me? Wait and see.

And what happens if you don't get hired in Jan? Do you turn into a pumpkin or something?

And I'm willing to bet you a whole dollar that two months won't make or break your plans.

-Goose

with the exception to a few helpful individuals I want to say some of you are the least motivational pilots around....make it my goal to never jade or present doubt in a students mind that something cant be done. I have goals; a month to get my CFI done is MY goal, so why dont you go worry about yourself goose and stop bringing the rest of us down.

Latest resources

Back