• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cfi....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be doing my checkride in OKC....FAA headquarters, I almost hope they are backed up so I can head to Tulsa where the DPE will do it for $300 but straight from the PTS. Should I worry that the only thing I feel like I need to study is the FOI??? Spin awareness is not complicated, I also feel I should read up on part 61 in the FARAIM. Other than this; everything I study and review just feels so fresh I feel like it is doing me no good. This feels like my commercial check ride, I just dont feel prepared but can answer nearly all the questions with confidence. I HATE pre checkride jitters.

go and get wasted if you know your stuff and this much tension go shake it off just remember the 8hr rule....good luck We're all counting on you

ps- relax...your now the teacher

pps- i would assume Norman is full of DPE's and much closer to OKC, I think its the Inspectors disgretion on whom is to administer the practical exam....I think?

pms- looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking

Good luck with the checkride.

If you get a chance to do it with a DPE in the OKC area, check out Will Degraw at Airman Flight School. (no you don't have to go there to get a check ride from him). He does very fair CFI rides (tough...but fair), but know your aerodynamics and FOI cold.

Did my CFI checkride with him (it was an add-on though - CFII was first) and it was very fair and definitely tested me.

Just relax and do your stuff.

Good luck!

-mini

go and get wasted if you know your stuff and this much tension go shake it off just remember the 8hr rule....

Funny I read that as I was taking a sip of corona.

has anyone had a power off 180 on their CFI checkride?

Almerick07 said:
has anyone had a power off 180 on their CFI checkride?

A friend of mine had to do it from an engine failure to show how he could apply it to a real life situation. Examiner pulled the engine at 6,500' and he had to go through the checklists and land at the airport under them. So expect that too...

The actual flying isn't hard...pretty much just a CSEL checkride from the right seat. It's the knowledge to a CFI level that gets most people (that I saw).

Good luck!

-mini

Latest resources

Back