• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI with 4 stripes in Cessna 172 shows CNN how to land at SFO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
haha...... I worked at Bel-Air (and Trans Air before that) way back in the early 90's.. I remember when the new owner (Alex) changed the name and made us all wear pilot uniforms... myself and another very high time CFI rebelled and both got fired (and subsequently rehired) over it.. I remember we tried to get the big traffic watch contract for the owner and he blew it when he wouldn't spend the money on a new 182.... and now I see they've got some state of the art glass cockpit cessnas..

Last edited:
Wow. I guess we will soon see CNN going to high school football teams to show us how the NFL is supposed to do things.

haha ... brilliant!

I worked at a mom and pop flight school as an instructor and enjoyed the variety and golf shirt uniform. I think it's alright for formal 141 schools to have instructors and students wear airline style uniforms if they choose to. Many a pilot on this board complains about the degradation of the career, hats, ties, facial hair.. The professional image. And yet if a flight school tries to emulate a higher standard, they are posers. Sort of a double standard. The other theme of the crash is that it was caused by a lack of basic airmanship. Who better to demonstrate that then a GA/PPL flight instructor?

Latest resources

Back