Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. This is something new?
2. They stalled the plane.

YES it is new. No other NTSB Chair has ever done what she has done. Then again, no other NTSB Chair is gunning for the Secretary of DOT position either.

Twitter pictuers, NTSB "tweeting" more than Kardashians, and the whole thing is a circus freak show. There used to be integrity in NTSB investigations, but this Chair has totally destroyed that concept. This is her last year at the NTSB, and this is the crash she needed to get her face/media time to make her viable for the Sec DOT job.

It wasn't a horrible piece of news. More fun than just some former NTSB dude (Feith) or pilot (Sully) giving their two cents. If I was doing the flying and talking, I might have said " do you see the two real big white rectangles on the runway? Not the arrows.. Not the sea wall.. The big rectangles. Yeah we want to land just a smidge after that.

As was said, haters are gonna hate. People's opinion tend to define themselves more than those they are talking about. In this case the haters sure jumped on the finger pointing holier than thou bandwagon quickly.
Didn't see anything wrong with the story. At least they tried to put out what it looked like. I though the flight instructor did a nice job talking the laymen audience through it. Not sure if I could have done as well when I was at that stage in my career.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back