CFI renewel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

na265

Just finished it with Gleim. Not to bad, it was easier than American Flyers. Can't believe this is the 8th time I've renewed.

I cant wait until I dont have to be a CFI anymore! I take that back, I cant wait until I dont have use my CFI as a stepping stone!

BLing said:
I cant wait until I dont have to be a CFI anymore! I take that back, I cant wait until I dont have use my CFI as a stepping stone!

And people say no one has a professional attitude any more. BLing, you are a credit to........ well something other than teaching.

JAFI

Ya know BLing, I was there at one time too. Enjoy the time you CFI. The guys, or girls, that you work with will be friends and contacts for life. Do I miss instructing? some times. I enjoyed having a student who may have never flown in their life, and take them through to getting a PPL. That was cool.

na265 said:
Can't believe this is the 8th time I've renewed.

Kudos to renewing. I have an FO friend who needs to renew in January, but he says he won't because he doesn't want to. Why would anyone not want to renew their certificate, even if they don't teach actively? It shows status and I've heard the CFI practical is the hardest test to pass these days.

Once again, goojob.

check6

If you have a CFI don't ever be foolish enough to let it expire. I did when I retired and thought I would never instruct again. Big mistake!! Moved to a new location, a neighborhood flying club was formed, and needed a CFI. Reinstatement is a pain, and expensive. BTW, I have renewd now a couple of times with American Flyers, and prefer them to Gleim.

Thanks Check6, It was a tough check ride, I don't want to do it again. All you have to do these days to renew is a course on the net. It is time consuming, but, not that bad.

I did American Flyers course last time. I started with them this time and just could not stand sitting in front of the computer checking my time till the next stage test. My opinon, for what that is worth, the Gleim was easier. The T/F questions got me ready for the test, and I printed off the study material for refrence.

I'm not sure why anyone would let theirs expire either. It was the hardest checkride I've gone through, Air Force UPT included. I had a 4 1/2 hour oral and 3 hours in the airplane, all in one day. I've done the Gleim thing once and for $120, it's well worth it. I'll be doing it next Fall again. You never know when you'll need it again. CFI'ing is not the greatest flying job in the world, but it's flying and keeps you current ( and pays the bills, somewhat ).

Latest resources

Back