• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI renewel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all the so called professional CFI's out there reading this post, I have a little advise. There is a book, published by the FAA called the FAR/AIM.

Wow. For such a smart little fella, one would think you'd know that the FAA doesn't publish a "FAR/AIM." That's a commercial invention, a compilation of a few select parts of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, and a commercial reprint of the Aeronautical Information Manual.

It's advice. Not advise. Just a note, to help along your so-called professionalism.

You should have a look, it's really quite enlightening.

As should you...you appear to be suffering from low levels of enlightenment.

Pardon my directness, but some people here are such idiots!!!

Well, at least you're honest. That's direct enough, alright.

What was the post from Labbats about the CFI written exams about? WHAT WRITTEN EXAMS???

Perhaps you haven't taken a renewal course, but a series of quizes or exams are required throughout the various courses. Sometimes it's best to keep your trap shut and appear stupid than spout off and remove all doubt.

And what about what Hung Start and JAFI said about the 'Personal Knowledge' business? NONESENSE! That has nothing to do with it.

Aaah, you did bother to read the thread, did you not? The content to which you refer was made relevant because questions were raised regarding this method of renewal...in a thread about renewal. You're amazingly thick...if you weren't already aware.

It's one of the main reasons I haven't looked at this board for over a year. I came back to take a look, and it hasn't changed. I mean no disrespect to the many here that know what they're talking about, but jeez, the stupidity is almost overwhelming.

It wasn't overwhelming until you posted.

I suspect the reason you haven't been back is self-explainatory. See you in another year.

Wow, I havn't looked at this thread in awhile, I was surprised it was still around. I can't believe it has turned into such a "pissing contest".

As some have said, I was able to renew with the "personal Knowledge" box at one time. I think the new 8710-1 does not have that any more. I will say it has been a few years since I had to fill one out.

Thanks to lowly for the offer in SAT. He's a good guy that I worked with at SWA when I was an FA. I called a FSDO buddy in Ft Worth and mailed him my paper work and he renewed me.

That is all I have to say. I am going to ride my motorcycle, ya'll fly safe. na

Latest resources

Back