• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Renewal, best website?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gleim is the way to go. I did it early this month at work. I had my temporary in a week after I sent the package in. Pretty worry free and no waiting around.

Last edited:
Sounds like Gleim is the way to go.

Gleims is def. the way to go. I will use them everytime! Unlike American Flyers, there is no waiting around or set time limit. You can knock out the Gleims in about 3 hours if you go through it nonstop. Very easy and hassle-free.

JessMan said:
I did the American Flyers program back in February. It's cheap in that it's pay once, use it for life, but not quick, as I've heard the Gliem and Jeppesen programs are. I spent about 12-14 hours going through the American Flyers stuff, and learned a little bit too.

ditto

I just did Gleim's free first lesson, and it seemed pretty painless. I'll give them my money in a couple of weeks when I have some time to complete it. Having them take care of the paper work is a plus too.

I've done the Gleim and the Jeppesen. And while I agree they are definitely the easiest and most painless you can't beat the American flyers price in the long term. (About a $100 for life). I just log and do other stuff until I have logged enough time, print the tests, use the search function to find the answers and score a 100% everytime, Then 1 quick trip to the FSDO and I have my temporary certificate in hand.

Used Gleaim a few years ago, and it was painless. Switched to American Flyers this last time because of the cost factor. I'm a cheap SOB, what can I say. I don't want to flip for the money every 2 years.

Latest resources

Back