Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 401/402 Aerial Survey Pilots (Home Based)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnt1969

Guys/Gals,

I've posted a job below with the contact info for the CP. I'm more than happy to walk the qualifying resumes in to his office and if I do that they will definitely get looked at. I've helped quite a few people get in the door. If you want me to walk in your resume just send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I'll only walk in resumes for people who have the appropriate experience. You don't have to nail the times on the nose but if you're just out of school or something like I won't be able to help. I'm not a miracle worker. haha.

Thanks,
John

Cessna 401/402 Aerial Survey Pilots (Home Based)

Company: 3001 Inc.

Location: Peachtree City, GA. Pilots do not need to live in the area.

Required Travel: Extensive travel required

Job Type: Full time salaried pilot with benefits.

Description:
Pilots needed for rapidly growing aerial surveying company based just south of Atlanta, Ga. Job requires extensive travel to all parts of the United States as well as some travel out of the country. Pilot must be able to operate the Cessna 401/402 in a single pilot setting and fly precise lines for the mapping equipment. It is also necessary to be able to get along with co-workers, FSS, and ATC. Flexibility and adaptability to changes are a part of the job and must be handled with ease. Normal schedule is 20 days on and 10 days off.

Pilots receive a competitive salary with full benefits (401k, Insurance, PTO etc.). Prior mapping experience is highly desirable but not necessary.

Requirements:
Fixed Wing Commercial Multi-Engine Rating. IFR Current.
Minimum open insurance requirements: 2000 TT/1000 ME.
We will consider pilots with 1000 TT/500 ME.

Contact Information: Matt Boone [email protected]

Preferred Response Method:
Please send a resume and short cover letter with your contact information to both email addresses listed above. Your resume can be in word format or just pasted in to the email. We will contact you for an interview.

What is the pay? I know you put competitive salary but I was wondering what that is. Thanks

I don't have specifics on starting pay but I can make an educated guess. Starting pay for flying the C-402 is probably somewhere between 40k and 45k. Depending on experience. But I'm not 100% sure about that. It will be in that range though.

You guys doing LiDAR? Let me know if you are having trouble finding pilots for your operation.

I sure as heck am!

You guys doing LiDAR? Let me know if you are having trouble finding pilots for your operation.

I sure as heck am!

Yep. We do LiDAR, DMC, ADS and a little flim work. We've been having a little bit of trouble finding qualified pilots. Hence the employment post.

We're not a startup. The company is 3001 Inc. We have about 8 401/402's, a Turbo Commander 690A and a couple Lear Jets that we survey in.

Might have something to do with the 20 days on. Ouch. Not a bad paying gig for a low time guy though.

Might have something to do with the 20 days on. Ouch. Not a bad paying gig for a low time guy though.

Yup. I aggree. The 20 days is the only thing that keeps people away and it's usually the main reason for people leaving. We've been trying to get that changed but it doen't sound like it's going to happen. The thing is... we have one of the better schedules for surveying places. In fact. I haven't really heard of any better. Most places they just go out and work until the job is done. The pilots and operators are gone for months at a time. At least we have a schedule and they stick to it. That's one of the benefits.

Truethfully.... I'm used to the 20 days now. It was a bit hard at first. We also get PTO days and 10 days off in a row is a long time. I'm actually going to have 13 days off this month because I took a few days PTO. It's nice having a half of a month off.

We have staffing issues for the same reasons. My bosses try to stretch it out on every job. Anything more than two weeks for most people is too much. I am working on building a rotation for my pilots that gets them home to their families.

How are your PTO days distributed? Can you put them in the middle of the 20 days?

Can't find any operators either. What are you paying yours? We pay 15 bucks an hour plus expenses including food. Some of them get 80-90 hours a week.

We bust our butts! Actually, I am getting ready to go fly right now!

Russian, what kind of planes do you fly? How does the travelling happen, on the airlines or do you fly them to the different jobs?

Latest resources

Back