• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 182 crash on video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heck for all we know maybe the front seat passenger saw all the people running around on the runway and tried to "hit the brakes" and floored a rudder pedal as they were lifting off.

That's when you use the ol flight instructor trick passed down by many generations... whack em in the nose with the back of your hand.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Heck for all we know maybe the front seat passenger saw all the people running around on the runway and tried to "hit the brakes" and floored a rudder pedal as they were lifting off.

I kind of felt that might be a likely scenario, or even a shifting of some of the gear that was loaded onto the plane that might have interfered with the contols.

Murdoughnut said:
While I admit my ignorance of how O2 works, I can't help but think back to that bus full of relocated Katrina victims that caught fire outside of Dallas. Most were elderly and had 02 tanks, which allegedly made the fire far far worse than it would have otherwise been. Sad.

Absolutely, it does make the fire worse. With concentrated oxygen, stuff that normally burns, burns much faster, and stuff that normally wouldn't burn *will* burn, so any fire is made much bigger, faster and hotter. But, the oxygen does not burn.

Latest resources

Back